CHAPTER 32.

Another day went by without me voicing my thoughts about what happened at the beach

Another day went by without me voicing my thoughts about what happened at the beach. Even so, my actions still spoke volumes although I didn't convey my feelings in words. The space I've created between Blake and me is noticeable, not just to him but to our friends as well.

I've lost count of the number of times Ray and Jake asked if everything is okay if I'm okay. Eve keeps on giving them the same response she gave Blake, that "it's that time of the month".

Yesterday when everyone went sightseeing, I stayed behind. Eve wanted to stay with me but I told her to go with the guys and promised that I'd call her if I needed her. I distanced myself from Blake with the hopes of forgetting everything that happened, instead my low mood only worsened with my mind constructing a thousand plausible scenarios about Blake.

In the last 24 hours, I have been feeling dejected, too stressed out by the presumptions my mind has created. I knew that to quiet all the thoughts, I needed to get outside in nature, to do the things that will recharge my soul and bring me joy.

I'm hoping that today's hike eases or fully resolves the inner battle of me vs my so-called feelings for Blake.

I hate having mixed emotions.

*

Trees whisper against the wind. I close my eyes for a moment inhaling the aromas of wildflowers feeling welcomed into nature.

Easily and effortlessly, I rest my stressful thoughts, the greenery of the trees being the salvation of my brain.

Tall trees loom overhead like a canopy giving us much-needed shade. The path of stone rises ahead in uneven perfection as we weave through the trees, making our way to the top of the mountain.

"Peaceful, isn't it?" Blake murmurs now walking beside me.

"It is" I reply with a slight nod and walk a bit faster, leaving him behind.

"Are we there yet?" Eve whines for what feels like the tenth time "how high is this mountain?" she complains and stands in place, her hands on her hips in annoyance.

I hook my arm with hers "we are almost there"

"I can't believe I let you talk me into hiking again" she grumbles, giving me a side glance.

"You know you love it" I josh and she rolls her eyes at me.

Standing peacefully on the top of the mountain in a tranquil atmosphere, I take a deep breath, slowly exhaling all the bad energy I was having in the past 24 hours.

In awe, we all get lost in the deep green of the forest that spreads out, forgetting the outside world and its problems.

"Are you okay?" Blake stands in front of me, gazing down at me quizzically. And for the first time since I saw him flirting with another girl at the beach, I sink into his gaze.