CHAPTER 40.

Everything swirls around us in one big blur

Everything swirls around us in one big blur. Our bodies are twined, gliding across the floor, our feet sweeping gracefully to the rhythm of I'm yours by Ella Henderson.

When the second verse starts, I lose myself in his gaze as we continue to move in sync, never taking our eyes off one another. He brings his lips to my cheek and I feel his hot breath brush my cheek "Precious, I'm yours" he whispers and heat radiates through me.

He spins me around. When I face him again, I feel the rhythm pass through me, I connect to the song, to every word in the song.

I rest my cheek against his chest and shut my eyes, listening to the sound of his heartbeat. In an instant, I feel mine match the rhythm of his. All I want at this moment is to be alone with him, to be away from here, from everyone.

As if he can read my thoughts, he says "let's get out of here" I pull back and stare up at him. Finding the response in my eyes, he encircles an arm around me and we saunter out.

"Babe," we stop right by the entrance after hearing Eve's voice "wait" turning around, we spot her and Jake making their way to us "are you guys leaving already?"

"Yes, babe. We will see you guys later at the after-party" I tell her.

She stands beside me, frowning "what's wrong? Are guys not having fun?"

"We are" I smile assuringly "we had fun"

"Then why are you guys leaving so early?"

My eyes find Blake as I respond "we just want to be alone"

Still bothered, she says "are you sure that you had fun? I would hate myself for pushing you to come here only for you to be miserable"

"Babe, stop stressing. I promise you I had fun. Yes, I may not have liked the idea of coming at first but I truly enjoyed myself" I scan the room "I mean look at this place, the theme is breath-taking"

Everything about tonight was beautiful. From when I realized that we were having an outdoor formal in what looks like an elegant pergola to seeing the theme. A rustic garden with a touch of a fairy-tale midnight garden theme. The details are simple, yet mesmerizing. White with a touch of gold and black décor. Draped green and aspen fabric with string lights all over the venue. Beautiful white flowers. Lit-up trees. Wooden garden arch with twinkling lights for everyone to take pictures.

It's beautiful.

She chuckles "it's as if they knew you were coming" she wraps her arms around me "I'm happy you had fun"

"Thanks to you" we break the hug and I take Blake's hand in mine "see you guys later. Have fun"

"You too" she wiggles her eyebrows and we head out.

My reflection looks back at me from the mirror, showing me the true emotions in my eyes. Worry and nerves. Attempting to ebb all the mixed emotions, I inhale then exhale, shutting my eyes for a moment.