CHAPTER 33.

The lights flash while the music boom in my ears as I dance like no one is watching, my body tangled with Kyle's

The lights flash while the music boom in my ears as I dance like no one is watching, my body tangled with Kyle's. I swallow the rest of the martini down allowing the liquid to massage my throat.

Kyle leans in speaking against my ear "are you having fun?" I wait for the same feeling I get whenever Blake speaks against my flesh to run through me but instead, I feel nothing.

Pulling back, I nod, mouthing "yes, I am" he stares down at me his eyes still adjusting to the flashing lights without his glasses.

We've only been here for an hour and I do not regret my decision to come. Just as I had hoped, the stressful jealous thoughts swiftly vanish. Yes, Blake is not completely out of my mind but all screaming thoughts have disappeared.

"Thank you for coming with me" he smiles down at me. One hand resting on the small of my back and the other hand rubbing my back, my hips still swaying against his body "should I get you another drink?" he offers kindly.

I shake my head "no, I'm fine. I already had three martinis. I don't want to drink too much"

"I thought you wanted to have fun" he pouts "how about shots?" his dark eyebrows crinkle together and I shake my head again, telling him that I'm fine "come on"

Giving in, I say "fine, just tequila shots" with a curt nod, he pushes his body through the crowd walking to the bar and I continue dancing, letting my body go free.

"Here" he gestures to the small tray with eight shots towards me. I grab a shot and swallow it down in one gulp allowing the spirit to burn down my throat.

I thank him when I'm finished chugging down the four shots and he wraps an arm around my waist, handing one of the waiters the tray.

After several minutes, the alcohol begins coursing through my veins, weakening my body. I continuously shake my head, trying to regain my balance when I almost stumble.

"Don't worry, I got you" Kyle helps me regain my balance.

My head rests against his chest "I need a glass of water; I don't feel so good"

"You'll be fine," he speaks assuringly.

"I need a glass of water" I look up at him with a blurry vision, rubbing my throat "I think I'm going to throw up"

"Maybe we should get out of here and head to my place so we can both rest" he pulls me to him.

When I try to pull back from him, he tightens his grip around me "I need wate..."

"Baby, are you okay?" he places his palm against my forehead as if to check my body temperature "let's go hang out at my place"

"I'll call my friends, you can go" I take out my phone but he snatches it from me and shoves it into his pocket "give me back my phone" he ignores me and holds my body to his.