CHAPTER 42.

The stage stands proud in the center of the scene

The stage stands proud in the center of the scene. Now and then a voice is heard from the huge speakers, vibrating a message across.

"I said...are you guys having fun tonight?" the man's voice booms again and the crowd begins to scream "now that's more like it"

After a few minutes, the band starts playing a familiar tune, boo'd up and everyone loses their mind. I begin dancing, unable to contain my excitement.

The drummer hits the crash cymbal, hard and the room becomes completely silent, anticipation hanging in the air. Ella Mai chuckles a little. A smile paints her lips and her eyes scan the crowd. We wait for her to start singing, murmurs filling the air.

As soon as she sings out "Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. Feelings...so deep in my feelings" we all begin to scream and she stays quiet again, smiling, her eyes glimmering with happiness.

Everyone screams out "Ella, Ella, Ella, Ella, Ella" hands waving side to side and she carries on singing.

When I catch a glimpse of Blake watching me, I keep my stare fixated on the stage to avoid making eye contact with him.

I don't know how to act around him since it's now just the two of us. At the beginning of the concert, I was successful in ignoring him cause everyone was around. I only moved my attention between the stage and Eve, and he was engaging with the guys. Avoiding him was easy until Eve needed to use the restroom and Jake accompanied her. And Ray and Paul left with them to get us some drinks and snacks.

Ella Mai points the mic in our direction and we all start singing the chorus loudly.

After ending the song, she screams out "you guys are amazing" her voice is oozing happiness "I've got a surprise for you" we all start screaming "give it up for H.E.R" I've completely lost my ability to contain my joy.

Gasps of awe spread across the crowd when H.E.R makes her way to the stage. She hugs Ella Mai and they share a smile, their eyes returning to the crowd.

I gaze at them in wonder and a familiar hand slides along my waist. I remain still "Precious" he speaks against my back and I feel a warm feeling traveling down my spine "I'm sorry" he whispers and I step away from him.

"Precious" I stare at Blake not able to recognize him. It's as if he has built up a wall for me to not witness the untold emotions in his gaze. There's so much he wants to say to me but he just doesn't know where to start.

"Leave me alone" I avert my eyes "let me enjoy the concert in peace"

"I'm sorry" he repeats and I ignore his apology by humming to the song, pretending as if I didn't hear anything "I can explain" I let out a psh sound, rolling my eyes.

He tilts my head in his direction and for the first time in a week, I look deep into his eyes, emotions sweeping over his face. I watch the walls that he had built up moments ago come crashing down. Guilt and fear mask his features but I can't seem to understand the reason behind some of these emotions.