CHAPTER 35.

Blake crawls underneath the fence and I look around, reading all the signs

Do not enter

killarney glen is closed

No swimming

No diving

All accesses to Lip Falls and the creek are closed.

"What are we doing here?" I ask, pointing at the signs "the place is closed"

"This is one of my favorite places" I look around, overwrought "I want to show you something" he holds the fence for me to crawl "come"

I begin crawling, joining him on the other side. We dust our clothes and then start walking, following the track down.

I won't lie as unsettling as it may feel being here, the place is quite peaceful.

Taunting aromas of wildflowers. Birds weaving through the trees. Wind passes through the swaying leaves providing a fresh breeze. Tall trees rustle, hovering over like a canopy with much-needed shade as the sunlight filter through the trees. Blue water with the slightest tint of green flowing, curving gently through the forestry.

It's breathtaking.

"This place is beautiful," I remark and we share a smile.

"I knew you'd like it"

"I don't just like it, I love..." suddenly, a rush of water fills my ears "is that a..."

A grin spread across his face "yup" he replies with a huge grin.

It's nothing like I've witnessed before. It is the most stupendous waterfall I've ever seen.

Cascading water splash creates a steady pattern of endless rhythm, flowing and bouncing off the rocks into the heart-shaped aqua waterhole. Just looking at it gives me goosebumps.

It's a state of serenity that can never be described. It paints a scene so perfectly for a one true picture-perfect moment

I take out my phone and sit on the edge, taking pictures "how did you find this place?"

He sits next to me, smiling "I used to come here with Jake, Russel, and Tasha for a swim"

"Why used to? You no longer come here anymore?" I ask snapping more pictures. After a few seconds, it dawns on me that the place is now closed.

"It has been closed to the public after it was reported that someone drowned. I still come though whenever we come to Gold Coast, mostly when I feel like I need some space" he states seeming deep in thought, and an emotionless expression sweep over his features but it's soon replaced with a small smile "did you have fun at the track?" he changes the topic before I can even ask him the reason behind the change in his mood.

Deciding not to pry, I reply "riding the bike is fun but I'm not sure about all those stunts. They look so scary" anxiety sits below my smile.

Remembering that he once mentioned that he's an adrenaline junkie, I ask "the first time we went out together, you told me that you are an adrenaline junkie, were you referring to all those stunts?"