CHAPTER 19.

"You can do this Cassy" I murmur, letting out a breath

After five minutes of standing outside Ben's apartment, I finally move my knuckles to the door, knocking and it opens swiftly.

The sight of Ben causes my stomach to shift uneasy, guilt settling in but it doesn't take long for the anger to swell inside me, reminding me of all the days he ignored me.

I storm inside the apartment and he follows me after shutting the door.

"Mind explaining to me what the fuck is going on?" He hisses through gritted teeth "who's the guy you've been spending time with?" He looks down at me, his eyes narrow, and a look of great bitterness sweep across his face.

Is he being serious?!

I curve a brow, raking his face and when I take time to respond, he says "he's the reason why you haven't called or texted me, right?"

Out of frustration, I start laughing before my tone turns serious "let me guess, you expected me to keep calling and texting you like I did the last time you ignored me?" He glares at me with so much anger in his eyes "why the fuck did I even bother coming here!" irritation surges inside me "you know...I thought that you asked me to come here so you can apologize"

"Apologize for what exactly?" He sneers at me adding fuel to my wrath.

Sick and tired of his shit, I turn on my heels and head to the door "you are so unbelievable!"

"What's unbelievable is you cheating on me!" He seethes and I stop in my tracks, turning to look at him "let me hear you deny it" he takes steps closer to me "I saw you at 360 with him the day I canceled our plans. You were on a date" he snaps.

My eyes narrow, matching his "I'm not cheating on you!" I spit out, my teeth grinding together "how dare you accuse me of cheating!" My face heats up, fuming with anger "do you think that if I was cheating on you I would have told you who I was with?" He remains mute "you stood me up and I ended up going out with a friend, Blake"

A friend you almost kissed. The voice in my head taunts but I ignore it as Ben's words register in my mind.

Did he just say he saw me at 360...

He takes a step closer to me, and I take a step back, my mind spinning from the revelation "did you just say you saw me at 360?"

"Yes, I saw you guys together. I saw the way he was looking at you...and the way you guys were laughing. It drove me crazy. That's the reason why I've been ignoring you. I thought you were cheating on me" he brings his hand to my cheek but I swat it before he can touch me.

"You stood me up" I state not tearing my eyes from him "you lied to me"

"I didn't lie to you" he looks away "I just didn't want to tell you the exact reason why I canceled our date. It was not my place and it still isn't," he explains, cupping my face. This time, for some reason, I let him "all I can say is that I was with Paul and that he needed me"