CHAPTER 25.

The sound of best part by Daniel Caesar fills the air as I continue to hum to the song

The sound of best part by Daniel Caesar fills the air as I continue to hum to the song. Stepping out of the shower, I grab my white towel and dry myself but I stop singing the second I hear Paul calling my name.

"Cassy" I remain quiet "I know you are here. I just heard you singing" 

After wrapping the towel around my body, I walk out of the bathroom and find him sitting on the edge of my bed, a remote in his hand, scrolling through the channels "hey" he places the remote on the bed, shifting all his attention to me.

"What do you want?" I clutch my towel, keeping my eyes on him.

"I need to talk to you" his eyes stay trained on me.

"I've been avoiding you for a reason" my brows draw together "just leave me alone, Paul"

"Ben lied to you" not wanting to waste my time on him, I give him my back and walk back into the bathroom but stop in my tracks when he says "I had no idea that he was still cheating on you. I swear" I turn around to face him again after his admission.

"So, it's true? You knew that he was cheating on me" my eyebrows tighten, anger surging inside me.

"He begged me not to tell you..."

"And you went through with it! I thought you cared about me...I can't believe I ever truste..."

"Cassy, it wasn't like that" he takes steps closer to me but I step back, shooting him a warning glare "I had no idea that he and Chloe were still together"

"You just admitted that you knew"

"At the beginning of your relationship" I don't say anything "it had only been days since you guys started dating. He got into a fight with some asshole over Chloe. He came to me and told me everything. I was upset. I told him that I'd tell you the truth" I can't help but roll my eyes at him "and he begged me not to. He cried in front of me, asking me not to say anything. He promised me that he'd end things with Chloe and be faithful to you"

"You chose to believe him, instead of telling me the truth"

"He was so emotional, pleading with me. It was the first time I saw him vulnerable like that. He seemed devastated and broken by the thought of losing you. He told me he loved you" he racks his hand over his face and I feel a rising in my chest "I know I should have told you the truth but it tore me to see him like that. And because I thought he meant it when he said he loved you, I helped him lie. He was the one who even came up with the whole story. Yes, I punched him after he told me everything but his face was already fucked up. I wasn't the one who gave him all those bruises"

Still mute, my face becomes rigid, my jaw clamped tight, my teeth grinding "I know I shouldn't have lied to you. That's why on his birthday when Chloe called me, asking for Ben and told me that they were still dating, I knew you had to know the truth. All of it. He didn't just fool you, Cass, he fooled me too. All this time, I thought he and Chloe had broken up but they were still together" there's a flare of sadness on his face "I told Chloe that you guys were at 360. I was ashamed to face you, so instead of coming to 360, I send you a text telling you that I couldn't make it"