CHAPTER 10.

My thoughts are in turmoil, a storm of uncertainty and confusion brewing inside me, hindering my ability to concentrate on the lesson unraveling in front of me

"Cassy, I..."

The words reverberate in my mind, a relentless echo that refuses to dissipate, haunting me with its unanswered implications.

What did he want to say?

And with the way he was so close to me...was he going to kiss me?

The questions whirl in a vortex of doubt, each one dragging me deeper into a labyrinth of introspection.

Damn, Erica for showing up!

What's wrong with me! I have a boyfriend.

As the class nears its end, I swiftly collect my things, feeling more frustrated with each passing moment. When I step into the corridor, I am greeted by Eve's worried expression, her gentle voice offering a comforting presence amid my inner chaos.

"Babe, are you okay? You seem off." She voices.

"I'm okay," I respond, using my words as a fragile barrier to hide the storm brewing within me.

"Cassy, I..." His voice echoes in my mind, contributing to my growing frustration.

"They're here," Eve's voice breaks through my reverie, her observation pulling me back to the present moment.

"Who's here?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Ben and Paul," she responds, her face showing concern and confusion.

I want to tell Eve what happened between Blake and me, but guilt is consuming me. Right now, I am torn between deciding whether to tell Ben.

"Tell him everything. Honesty is key," the small voice encourages.

"No, nothing happened," the counterargument resounds.

"Babe" Eve's scrutiny intensifies, her concern palpable as she studies my face "There's something you aren't telling. What's bothering you?"

"I'm okay, babe" I assure, burying my doubts beneath a facade of normalcy and we walk to the car.

But as Ben steps out of the car, his smile genuine and warm, the guilt eating at my conscience amplifies.

"Hey, beautiful," he greets me, his embrace lacking the usual spark of excitement I usually feel whenever I'm around him.

"Hey," I manage a smile, but it feels empty, merely a cover-up of the thoughts that are weighing on my mind.

"I missed you," he whispers as he leans in to softly kiss my lips and then embraces me once more. Glancing over his shoulder, I spot Blake and Erica by Blake's car. It's as if Blake can feel my distraction; he turns his gaze towards me, and our eyes meet.