CHAPTER 15.

How did Ben even know that I was with Blake?

I stare down at my phone, reading the message again, then it hits me...

Joe.

He must have mentioned to Ben that he saw me with Blake.

I begin typing, responding to his message.

I was with Blake.

How are you feeling now?

Are you still exhausted?

I miss you

All the messages are marked as read but he doesn't reply.

I slide my phone into my back pocket and walk into the dining room. My family is having dinner.

"I'm back" I announce, taking the seat next to Jason.

"Back early. That boy must love his balls" papa murmurs, taking a sip of his red wine.

Mum's eyes travel to papa and then to me, "I'm happy you finally decided to tell your father about Ben"

"Oh, shit" Jason mumbles and I take my time to return my gaze to papa.

He raises an eyebrow "Ben? I thought you went out with Blake"

"Who's Blake?" Mum questions.

"You are screwed" Jason whispers.

"Nana?" Papa's brows draw together "you've been secretly dating Ben?" I look down at my hands "that's the reason you've been going on about the kids growing up" I look up, his eyes are now on mum "you knew, didn't you?" Mum's eyes find mine "honey, I thought we tell each other everything"

"I wanted Elle to tell you"

Cassy, say something.

"Papa, I was going to tell you" I finally let out the words "I was just waiting for the right time"

Disappointment covers his face. He stands up and exits the room without saying a word.

I let out a big sigh, standing up "I'll speak to him"

Walking into my parent's bedroom, I find papa seated on the bed with a remote in his hand, scrolling through the sports channels.

"Papa" I sit on the edge of the bed next to him "I wanted to tell you"

"Then why didn't you?"

"Because I thought you'd act the same way you acted when you heard about Maggy's first boyfriend" there's no glimpse of anger in his eyes which makes me feel better.

"Nana, yes, I don't like the idea of you dating but I'm more hurt by the fact that you kept it from me" there's disappointment in his tone.

"I'm sorry, Papa. I just didn't want you to do what you did to Larry," he looks at me, not recalling Maggy's first boyfriend "Maggy's first boyfriend" I jog his memory.