One

DISCLAIMER: This story contains fictional places and names.

Jermany's POV

Tak tak tak.

"What's your name again?"

"Jermany. Jermany Dallas."

Tak Tak Tak.

"How Old Are You?"

"Twenty-two."

Tak Tak Tak.

"What exactly are you here for today?"

"A job Interview."

Tak Tak Tak.

"Do you have an appointment?"

"Yes, I made one online."

"hmmmmm"

Tak Tak Tak.

"I'm sorry but that doesn't reflect here."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that your so called appointment is non existent."

"But I paid $25 for that slot."

Tak Tak Tak. Tak Tak Tak.

"Excuse me, I'm talking to you."

Tak Tak Tak. Tak Tak Tak.

"Can you stop typing so loudly for just a second and actually do your job."

"This is my job miss."

Tak Tak Tak. Tak Tak Tak.

"Ughhhh, how am I going to get my $25 back?"

"It's none of my business miss, you've been scammed. You should have just made an appointment physically like everyone else."

"I did, I came here and you asked me to make one online."

"I'm sorry but you have to leave."

"Wha....."

"Do I need to call security?"

I glare at the receptionist and she glares right back. This goes on a while until I cave.

Fuck her.

I gather my things and leave.

****

The cool breeze blew my hair every which way as I walked through the busy streets of New York. Blame it on how pissed I was right now or blame it on the voices in my head but, right about now I feel like the only unemployed person in New York.

I was born and named Jermany Sunshine Dallas. I was born in England and I've lived in New York since I was 2 with my now widowed mother. My dad passed away since I was twelve; lung cancer. Ever since I was old enough I've always tried to help my mum and her worthless boyfriend William. But, all my efforts for the past two years have been in vain.

I arrive at my favourite cafe in the entire world; Starbucks. I order my usual latte and doughnut. I eat really slowly dreading the fact that I will have to go home and tell my mum that I couldn't get a job, again. We are up to our necks with debt right now. I wish useless William would help but, he is the reason we are in debt in the first place.

I pay for the food and leave. Immediately I step out I notice a black SUV with tinted glasses. I've been noticing it for weeks now and I feel like it's watching me. I might be wrong though.

My mum isn't home by the time I get there. I take a shower and change into fresh clothes. I decide to watch some TV while I wait for her but much to my dismay, our cable bill has expired. Great.