Four

Jermany's POV

I can't say I woke up in the morning with a splitting headache because I didn't sleep at all. But, as soon as morning came, I had a splitting headache. I cried throughout the night and by morning I had no tears left to cry. 

I was in denial. 

I couldn't believe that I had agreed to this; I even hated William even more and my mother for giving Shawn Phillips something to use in blackmailing me. But then, as morning came and as I ran out of tears my senses returned to me. No matter my reason for agreeing to this; even if it was to save my mother and our family's reputation, she would be furious that I consented to it. 

Even as a child my mother had always told me something, something that I lived by my entire life. She always said "Whatever choices we make in life are entirely ours, the situation around us doesn't affect our personal decisions in any way; it's what we've always wanted to do that we end up doing." She always said that no matter the reason, going bad was never a good thing.

No part of me wanted to do this and my mother would never forgive me for using her name as an excuse. If I didn't want this then why was I here? Why had I let Shawn Phillips convince me like this? There was no way I could stay here anymore. There was no way I was making the same mistake twice.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a key click on my door. A blonde guy appears before me. He has a stubble on his chin but he still looks neat and well groomed. He has a scar that divides his left eye brow into two. He looks at me from head to toe slowly; very slowly.

"Why aren't you ready and dressed?" He asks, his almost bass voice filling the room.

"Are you deaf or dumb?" He asks again.

I blink, suddenly remembering he had asked me a question. "Ready for what?" I ask.

"Screw it, you're already late and I'm not going to get in trouble because of you. Let's go."

"Go? Where?"

"No questions asked Sunshine, the boss is waiting." He walks up to me and pulls me by my arm, up to my feet.

"hey!" I yell. He shoots me an angry glare before pulling me out of the room. 

He keeps muttering profanities as he pulls me through a very long hallway. We keep walking and after taking two turns to the left, we appear at a brown door. The guy knocks once before we enter. It was an office, one that was very similar to Shawn's office in PHandC. The desk, book shelves, couch, chairs; everything was exactly the same. I look around some more wondering why this office was identical to Shawn's when I see him.

His black hair was shiny in the morning sun as he stood with his back to me in front of a window. His hands were in his pockets as he stood still. After a while he turns to face us and our eyes meet, let me just say that I am not over exaggerating when I say he has lovely green eyes but, why the hell am I thinking of that right now?

He eyes me with a disgusted look before turning to the blonde guy. "French," he starts. "Why isn't she ready?"

"I don't know sir, I met her this way and she was already late so I just...."

Shawn gives him a look somewhere in between "I'm gonna kill you" and "shut up".

"leave us." He says and French leaves. "have a seat." Shawn says before going to sit down. My heart was beating out of my chest as I attempt to collect my thoughts.

"How did you sleep?" He asks.

"I didn't sleep." I answer honestly.

"Why didn't you sleep? You need to be in perfect condition for the day; you have a lot of activities planned."