Thirty Two

Jermany's POV

Yesterday was amazing.

The kiss was amazing.

Even though it was unexpected, it was still amazing.

After Shawn left, I started thinking about what that kiss had made us. We can't be called friends after confessing our feelings and kissing, right? Were we dating now or not? All these questions keep turning in my head, but I guess I'd just have to wait until he returns and we have that talk. I exit the canteen and make my way back to my room.

I stop at a distance when I see someone knocking on my door; Mike.

I hadn't seen or spoken to Mike since our kiss 2 days ago. Honestly, I've been avoiding him. I still can't believe I kissed him; what was I thinking? Maybe I wasn't thinking at all. I take 2 steps back to further delay an inevitable conversation. I turn around, ready to bolt when he calls out to me.

"Jermany." I stop and take a deep breath before turning around.

"Mike... hey, what's up?" I say and start walking towards him.

"You've been avoiding me." He says and I gasp dramatically.

"Me? No." I lie, but when he raises a questioning eyebrow I cave. "Ok, fine. I've been trying to avoid the elephant in the room because the conversation is bound to get awkward."

"But we still have to talk about the kiss either way."

"I know. I'm sorry for kissing you like that; I honestly had no intention of sending out mixed signals. I used you and that was wrong."

"I know you used me Jerma."

"And I'm... wait, you knew?"

"Yes, Jerma, I know you used me to get to Shawn. I know I was your way of making him jealous." I suddenly feel guiltier.

"Mike I'm so sorry for playing with your emotions."

"Stop apologizing, you didn't play with my emotions; that would only be possible if I had feelings for you, which I don't."

"You don't?" I ask, shocked.

"Nope, sorry, but you're not exactly my type."

"Not your type?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"It's not about you; it's about who you are." He says.

"Who am I?"

"A girl; Jerma, I'm gay."

My eyes are wide as I look at Mike. He is? "You are?"

"I know it is hard to believe, but it's true." He says smiling.

"Wow, what a loss for the girls." I say and Mike laughs. "Did... Miranda know?"

Mike nods. "I cheated on her with her gay cousin; it upset her to know I was dating a woman like her, but still preferred to be with a guy."

"That's why she never speaks your name."

"Yeah, I wouldn't blame her though; I messed up."

"Yeah, I feel a lot better knowing you're gay. Does Shawn know?"

"No one but you in this place."

"Good, you might come in handy in the future." I say like a mad scientist.

"Hey, if you're going to be using me you must pay." Mike teases.

"Name your price, Michael." I say and he laughs.