Fourteen

Jermany's POV

"May I come in?" I ask peeking through the door.

"Sure, you're early." Shawn says.

"Yeah."

Today is my first training with Shawn since I got shot. I'm not gonna lie, things have been pretty weird between us and it's totally my fault. From him saving my life to me witnessing his emotional breakdown, it's just been...weird. Why? well, you know that feeling of I know your secret but I don't know what to do or say about it so I'm gonna try to act normal even though I can't because everytime I look at you I remember your secret? Well, that's how I feel everytime I'm next to him.

It's no big deal if he saved my life but, the fact that he was making such a big fuss over me dying got me thinking that there might be another side to him. And then, I saw that side. That raw and broken side to Shawn Philips. The side that he had no control over, the side that he hid so well. Crown it all up with a few revelations about the puzzle that is that letter and you'll have a big mess. 

One may be wondering how all this is a mess. How do I put it? Okay, you know those moments when you walk in on someone being naked and the next time you see them you don't know how to act because well, you've seen them naked? That's my case right now just with no nakedness.

"Are you even listening to me?" Shawn asks.

Not really, I'm too busy trying to act as normal as possible so you won't know that I know something personal about you.

"You're doing it again. What is your problem, you're zoning out."

Stop overreacting Jerma.

"I'm sorry, my bad. What were you saying?" I ask looking at him.

He groans before answering. "I said we'll continue with our usual self defence exercises, I'm sure you're up for it."

"Hopefully." I say.

"Okay, I'm going to need you to get yourself out of my grasp."

"Excuse me?"

"My grasp Sunshine. I'm going to pin your hands behind you and I'm going to need you to get out of my grasp."

"Oh."

"Yeah, ready?"

"Um...." I'm not even done answering when Shawn Philips spins me around and pins my hands behind my back. I feel his breath fan my cheek as he speaks.

"Now, I'm gonna need you to use your hands to get out of my grasp."

"You mean the hands that are in your grasp?" I ask sarcastically.

"Focus Sunshine." He says tightening his grip.

"Ouch!"

"Now, do not use your knees or feet. You may only use your elbows, nails, head, anything else just not your feet and knees to escape. For starters, you can try elbowing me."

I do everything I can think of using the permitted body parts but it's useless, his grip only tightens.

"If I was the bad guy, right now you'll either be in the trunk of my car and on your way to death or you'd have two broken wrists."

"Oh so you aren't the bad guy?" I ask sarcastically.

He squeezes my hands again. "I don't think you're taking this seriously enoug...."

I cut him short by giving him a backward kick to the balls.

"Bloody hell!" He yelps and lets go of me immediately holding unto his crouch.