Twenty Six

WARNING!!!! THE FOLLOWING CHAPTERS FROM NOW ON WILL BE LONGER THAN USUAL. 3500 WORDS AND ABOVE WILL BE THE WORD COUNT.

ENJOY.

Jermany's POV

11:55am

5 minutes from now, the biggest bang in playhouse history is going to happen. A bang as huge as the one that scientist claim created the earth as we know it.

11:56am

I look in the mirror, retouching my lip gloss and repacking my hair.

11:57am

I put on my denim jacket and retrieve Paula's pouch.

11:58am

I retrieve the phone and shove it in my back pocket. I pick up my mini backpack.

11:59am

I shove in Paula's notebook, some or rather my only money and my perfume; it's no pepper spray, but it should enough to distract someone when-if I get caught.

5...

4...

3...

2...

Go.

BANG!!!!!

Just as expected commotion ensues immediately. I pick up my backpack and start running.

When I get out, everyone who wasn't already in the canteen run towards it. My exit is open and I bolt for it. As expected, no one pays me any attention. I get bumped once or twice by people running, but none stop to ask me why I'm running in the opposite direction from the smoke. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what I did, I just followed the instructions for a smoke bomb on Google. I found some real ingredients and some of its close substitutes. Just like the professor on Google said, the explosion happened 5 minutes after I mixed the concoction. It was easy to get Maddie out of the kitchen.

7 minutes ago

"Uh Maddie, could you go see why the water in my toilet won't stop rushing? I would do it, but I'm still sore." I lie.

"Um... sure?" Maddie says unsurely, dropping her napkin, wiping her hands on her apron and exiting.

I take one minute to mix a big bowl of concoction. Then 10 seconds to pour and mix it into Maddie's sauce. I'm sorry, but someone will have to sacrifice.

Maddie returns just in time. "Jerma there was no running... water."

"Oh? My bad." I say.

"Jerma are you okay?" Maddie asks genuinely worried.

"Yeah, just need to lie down." I say and exit.

Currently

I arrive in front of the elevator and press the "open" button hurriedly. I'm having nostalgia but not about wonderful memories rather about bad ones. The elevator opens and I rush in. I press the UP button repeatedly, hoping it will speed up the slow closing of the elevator door. It finally closes and fortunately no one sees me. Images of Shawn taking slow steps towards my side of the elevator on the day we first met come flooding back. It feels like so long ago and it was;

5 and half months ago.

I smile as I remember how scared I was thinking he wanted to sleep with me in an elevator. Perhaps that would have been better than what I got instead. I'm just glad I'm leaving before I have to sleep with anyone. I'm glad I'm leaving before major damage is done. The elevator proceeds upwards, and I silently pray no one is up there. Granted, it's Sunday, so I doubt anyone would be up.