Twenty Seven

Jermany's POV

If someone had told me 5 hours ago that I would stare into the eyes of a man I hadn't seen for 10 years, I would have hit them so hard their head would spin. I mean, that would have been so inconsiderate of them considering the fact that he is supposed to be dead. But later on I would realise that they were right.

Here I am looking into gray eyes that undoubtedly mirrored my expression right now; surprise. My eyes hurriedly scan his face just to be sure it's him. Everything is just as it was 10 years ago; everything. But how, how was he here? Why was he here? It takes every ounce of strength in my body to say my next words.

"Dad?"

5 Hours Ago

"Are you ready?"

I eye myself in the mirror. "Physically; yes but mentally, no. Why do I have to go anyway, we have many other girls here in this playhouse?"

Shawn appears behind me in the mirror. "It's only fair that you get taken out once in a while; you can't just sit back and let every other doll do the dirty work."

"You know I'd rather do dishes for the next 6 months; that's my type of dirty work." I say silently praying he won't quote me on that one day.

"It's non-negotiable Sunshine." Shawn says, stepping away from behind me.

I turn away from the mirror facing him. "You know what happened last time; what if I get shot again? You wouldn't want your new friend to die before she turns 30." I say.

"You're fine, that dress you're wearing is made of Kevlar." he says referring to my sleeveless knee-length dress. "Which is the same material used in making...?"

"Bulletproof vests." I reply, sighing. There's no escape now.

"Plus, all you have to do is stay close to Silver, Ruby and Ellie."

"Okay, so you want me to put my safety in the hands of 2 of my worst enemies and 1 person who I absolutely know nothing about?" I ask over dramatically.

"Stop being a drama queen, if you don't trust Silver and Ruby then just stick with Ellie. Ellie has been here even longer than Eva; she's basically Eva just quieter; a lot quieter."

"But..." I start but stop once Shawn's face turns hard.

"But nothing, we're going to be late. Come on." Shawn walks out, leaving no room for protest.

I groan and follow him out of my room to the garage. It's hard to keep up with his long strides while wearing these stiletto-heeled knee-high boots. But I make it to the garage in time. In the garage are eight people, plus me. French, Mike and Owen stand in front of the famous black SUV. Mike shoots me a smile and I wave back ignoring everyone's curious stares including Shawn's. Silver, Ruby and a red-haired lady; probably Ellie, stand in front of a black Benz that is parked next to the SUV. Just so you know, this black Benz differs totally from the one that picked me up 6 days ago.

Shawn stands before them and I'm trailing behind him. That is before I get the memo and move to stand with the other girls. A lady walks in holding a tray with 7 glasses of water. She walks up to each of us and one by one we take the glasses obediently. No one seems curious, but I am.

"Drink up, ladies and gentlemen." Shawn says and everyone immediately starts downing their glasses of water, everyone except you guessed it-me. Shawn gives me a look and I look away into my glass, examining it; what gives? Everyone returns their glasses to the tray, and the lady appears in front of me. She raises a red eyebrow at me, causing me to reluctantly gulp down the entire glass of water. I return the glass and brace myself for dizziness or any weird feeling, but nothing comes.