Eleven

Jermany's POV

Smoke feels the air in Diablo's. A powerful scent of weed hits me and I resist the urge to clog my nose. I look around the room for a while; the place is enormous. There are four bars, one at each corner of the club. There is a pole at each side of each bar. They dressed the waitresses in revealing clothes, like most of the girls here. The men though are in suits, I have a feeling that this club is for the high and mighty. I look ahead and just my luck. The four poles are centrally placed and true to Shawn's words, a man sits on a white couch in the middle of them.

Diablo is a short Mexican man with a bushy grey beard and a lot of tattoos. He has a cup of alcohol in his hands as he eyes the girls lustfully. All the girls on the poles are all red heads apart from one who is a blonde.

Shawn Phillips really knows this guy.

The two stiff bodyguards at his sides are enough to tell you to not approach Diablo without his approval.

What am I supposed to do to get his attention?

I watch as he whispers something to one of his bodyguards. The bodyguard nods and moves towards the blonde on the pole. He whispers something to her, and she makes a face before stepping down from the pole. The bodyguard moves towards a group of girls and calls the only redhead among them. As the bodyguard and the girl make their way towards the empty pole, an idea hits me.

25 minutes more.

I move fast and immediately get up to the empty pole. Before I can do anything a firm hand grips my arm. I turn to see the bodyguard and the scowling girl standing behind him.

"What do you think you are doing?" He growls.

"I just want to give the boss a brief show." I say.

"How dare you...?"

"Let her dance." Diablo says and we all turn to him. "Let's see what she's got." He adds and makes eye contact with me. I give him a million-dollar smile as the bodyguard lets go of my arm and walks away. The girl's scowl deepens, and she eyes me before walking away. I resist the urge to stick out my tongue at her.

I hold the pole and take a deep breath, hoping and praying that the little I know about pole dancing is enough to get Diablo to not kill me. The music changes and I dance, twisting and turning around the pole. I feel everyone's eyes on me but I couldn't care less; I've done worst things in my past. I continue dancing and moving and after a short while I stop. The entire club claps even the girls on the poles. My eyes scan the crowd as I savour the moment.

Memories of nights like this when I was in college flood my mind. The memories are bittersweet.

I'm frozen on the spot when my eyes meet his familiar green ones. The green of his eyes are much darker than usual as he looks at me. I can't look away. He slowly lifts his hands and without breaking eye contact taps on his left wrist with his right index finger. I quickly glance at my watch.

12 minutes more.

I look up at him again, and he nods in Diablo's direction. I turn to Diablo and he waves for me to come to him. I spare one last glance at Shawn before slowly walking towards the white couch. It takes everything in me not to trip on my feet as I feel the weight of Shawn's green eyes on me. I sit down next to Diablo on the couch as the girls dance again.

"Hello there beautiful, what's your name?" He asks. The guy is so drunk right now.

"I'm Sandra but you can call me Sandy." I say.

He lifts his hand to the barman, signalling for drinks.

"Well, Sandy, your dance up there was quite a turn on." He says and places his hand on my thigh.