Twenty Nine

This chapter is dedicated to @Hihi-isha @kiss-Bally @Fayvour_ @Tropeach @giliesha, five very special readers.

Shawn's POV

It has been 1 week.

1 week since they kidnapped Jermany.

1 week since Jermany tried to kill herself and I stopped her.

1 week of me worrying nonstop about her.

1 week of me checking up on her every hour.

1 week of me forcing her to let me watch her sleep.

Wow, that sounded less weird in my head.

Apart from my worrying and running around, the past week has been uneventful. And, even though it's been a week and Jermany seems like she's over it, I still wonder what Steve did to her. Was he even there? Did he do this to her? Would he do this to her? Honestly, I don't know; 10 years is more than enough time for anyone to change I mean. He was a drug addict, anyway.

It was hard, though. It was hard to watch Jermany at her weakest while playing dumb. I knew that Steve Davis was actually her father, and I knew and wanted them to meet that day. I knew and didn't tell her. But I don't know what happened that day. He was just meant to see her, but yet something different happened. Something that broke her; something that made her want to end her life. Seeing her like that wasn't only hard to watch, but it also made me angry.

That day, after sending and ensuring Maddie had gotten to her, I left the playhouse. When I arrived at my apartment, I immediately started assaulting my innocent punching bag for 2 hours. With every punch, my anger grew. I wasn't angry that things didn't go my way; I was angry because of the possibility that I could have had led Jermany to her death. I was angry because I didn't know who to punish for the state she was in. I was angry because I didn't know what had happened and not knowing what had happened made my mind run wild with negative thoughts.

One thought that stuck and led me to punch a hole in my punching bag was the thought of someone... touching her. It made me so sick to think of it but I couldn't stop myself, even thinking about it right now makes me feel like breaking something; someone. I doubt if that was the case but, what if it was? Then what? I'd lose my shit, that's what.

Just when I finally get back to work and forget what happened last week; I hear a knock on the door.

"Now's not a good time." I say to the person behind the door.

What if it's Jermany?

I raise my head and just as expected the door opens, but it's not who I expect.

"Silver, now's not a good time." I say and return to my work.

"Would you say those exact words if I was who you were actually expecting?" Silver asks and I raise my head giving her a look.

"What do you want?"

"We need to talk." Silver says, finally closing the door.

I look back at my work. "I can't I'm busy."

"I see that Shawn, but it's important for us to discuss this issue now." She presses.

"It must wait, I'm working on the accounts and I can't mess up my numbers." I say typing away on my calculator.

"Shawn, this is serious, can you pretend to be interested?" she snaps.

"No." I say, still doing my work. "Because I'm not interested, every time you say "important" it just means you want to talk about how Sunshine has brain washed me and how I need to take you back ASAP. I'm honestly tired of having to tell you over and over that Sunshine has done no such thing and I will..."