Chapter 17: "What kind of question is that?"

-AMANDA-

-Blake rides like a freak! He's driving way too fast!-

"SLOW DOWN!!!" I clinch on his waist. -If he keeps going on like this, I don't know what might happen next!-  I can feel his stomach and back vibrate. Looks like he's enjoying my nervousness.

We arrived infront of 'Subway'. He gets off and takes my hand. The place isn't crowded, thank god. Even so, girls glare at Blake as if he was a snack. He is very attractive, but behind every beauty are also flaws.

He orders 'Chicken Teriyaki', 'Roast Beef' , Chips, Cookies and Two Softdrinks. I offered him money, but he shakes his head and takes out a gold CreditCard. He must be rich....

It's awkwardly silent. I need to do something. He's sipping on the straw while looking outside the window. He looks like a model. That defined jaw line- HORMONES! UGH!-

"So, Blake. How come you are good in history?" I know it's a stupid question.

He shrugs." I'm good at a lot of things. Like manipulating, fighting and bring everyone down on their knees, begging for more~" His eyebrows wiggle, but he still looks attractive. I roll my eyes and he chuckles. "I like history, since I was a little kid." He gives me a warm smile and looks like he just remembered something.

"Why? Did you wanted to rule the world like the Kings, one day?" I sarcastically shoot back.

He just laughs at me."Maybe." His eyes meet mine again and he leans closer, giving me an uneasy feeling. "History is based on true stories afterall. It's not like other stories that are made up, spread by Shits and accepted by assholes. I mean, stories...just like how gossip works." -I admit, he is a wise and yet rebellious person.-

"Now, may I ask you a question?" I startle a bit, but nod anyways. He chuckles and places his drink on the table, while staring into my eyes. "How... or why are you friends with ...Johnson?" I can hear despise drained in his words. I gulp, hoping he would drop the topic. I try to ignore him, but he's patiently waiting for an answer.

"He's... been helping me through a lot and I don't see a reason why not... why do you ask?" His jaw muscles twitch and his face expression turn blank. -Somehow, it like I've just killed the mood.-

He folds his hands on the table
and smirkes."Helping with what?"

I flush and sip on my coke. -Like hell I'd admit my weakness!- His smile grows wider. "I-it's not what you think it is!..."

He raises an eyebrow. "Oh really? Then why can't you answer back?" -Damn it! He really has a point in that.-

I try to avoid his eyes. "I asked you a question first..."

He playfully rolls his eyes and leans back. " Does it really matter who asked first?" -I give up! This guy isn't going to back off.-

I take a deep breath, as if I have to confess my biggest secret. " I am not good in...math. I can't catch up with some topics." He shakes his head and places a hand on his mouth. "What is it?" I pout.

"You?! Bad in math? How?! That's easy! And I thought you were a nerd!" -Wow, now I don't want to talk to him! 'Easy'... yeah, sure!- He laughs and holds his stomach. "Sorry, Cupcake. Can you repeat that again?" I narrow my eyes at him, making his smile almost reaches his eyes.

"You heard enough!"

"Kay m'am!" He grins.

"There's nothing eeeaasssyyy with math! Once you get out of the topic, you always miss the coming ones!"