Chapter 18: "Damn, Gentleman."

-RAVEN-

"Hi" Amanda awkwardly smiles and waves at me. I raise an eyebrow and uncross my legs to stand up straight.

"Just 'Hi' ?" I open up my arms, waiting for her to hug me. She hits my stomach and grins.

"Forgot to do that." I roll my eyes, pull her to my chest and sqeeze her tight. She gasps and hits my shoulder blades. "C-can't...B-breath!!!" I chuckle and let her go.

"Serves ya right." I bark while she groans. I look at the white little mansion infront of me. "Are your parents at home?"

She shakes her head. "No, my mom will come in an hour and a half." I nod and put my leather jacket into the car.

"Is it okay for me to be here?"

"Yeah. I guess."

"Should they know that I am here?"

"My mom wouldn't mind." She looks at me with a grin on her face. "Are you perhaps... afraid of facing elders?"

I shake my head and smile. "It's nothing like that. I don't want to be disrespectful towards your parents. I mean, what is so necessary- that a young man visits a young woman at this late hour? Wouldn't that be weird?"

Her crystal grey eyes have light shimmers and a light red ink fills her cheeks. -I like that thoughtful look on her face-. "Y-you're right. But my mom is a person who would love to meet others. You know, I'm not a social person, who brings friends home everytime. So maybe, a change would be okay." She smiles and leads me into her mansion.

She opens the door. "What took you so long?" I shrug by her sudden question as she giggles. Her eyes land on my outfit. "Is it because of...."

I rub my neck. "Yeah." -Damn it... I can't hold our eyecontact for long.-

She blinks. "Oh my-" I can hear her cute laugher. Maybe, it was worth it to change for some minutes.

______________________________________

Once I've stepped in, my eyes immediately analyse the room. From the sight of the big flat screen on the wall, I guess this must be the living room. The walls look plain with those white ink and grey-violet furnitures. Not so over decorated but still looks beautifully decent. Pretty neat and clean. Her parents must have a high standards. I really feel out of place in here.

Amanda takes a sit at the grey sofa and pats on her side. "Take a sit." I do as I'm told, but leaving her 15cm space. She chuckles and leans closer.

I need to talk. "So about today... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have reacted that way." -But that's because I feel attached to you... FUCK NO! RAVEN, SHUT UP!-

"It's fine. I want to apologise aswell." Her small hands grip on a pillow.

I nod. "What did... Blake and you do?" I should try taking small steps, if I want to know what really happened.

______________________________________

-AMANDA-

I tell him all the details, except the fact that I asked Blake some personal questions. During our converstaion, Raven remained silent, avoided my eyes and I notice how his jaw muscles kept on twitching.

Sometimes I had to repeat it, because he didn't pay attention at all and made the lamest excuses I've ever heard, like: "Sorry, can you repeat that again. I was...somewhere else with my mind." or "You spoke too fast, again please."

I stopped talking and wait for him to talk. He leans back, shuts his eyes and murmurs "Fuck!" under his breath.

-I don't understand. Why is he upset?...Okay, maybe because I did break his warnings afterall...-