Chapter 26:"...if you never came to New York, I wouldn't have met you."

-RAVEN-

As soon as we arrived, I noticed that Amanda is nervous. She kept on fidgeting her fingers through out the ride. Sometimes she's chewing her cheeks and inhales slowly. -She is so cute, I just can't!-

"Ready?" I look over to her. Her eyes are fixed on our parking lot. -their red car- "I told you, I am not lying." She flushes and nods. -I wonder why she is acting so awkwardly.-

I step out of the car and open the door. Her little hand is scooped into mine as we walk. Before I open the door she tightens her hand on mine. "W-wait!" I look at her and her lips form an innocent smile. "Does my mom know that you are going to pick me up?"

-Is she for real now? Okay, I don't blame her, she's nervous stepping into my household, just like I did a week ago- "Yeah. She told me to pick you up." I add back and she sighs. I turn to unlock the door and when I almost opened it, she tugs at my back again.

"W-wait! Is my bun okay?" She looks at me with her unsure face expression. -Fucking Cute!- I glance at her messy bun, and it makes me grin. For some reasons, it remains me of Eve. Since I'm an asshole sometimes, I open it. -She might hate me for it, but it's worth it.- "H-Hey!" She pouts and narrows her eyes on me.

"I think you should leave it open." I admit and run my fingers through her tangled hair. She startles a bit then avoids my eyes. -Ah, Shit... I forgot that I'm the reason why...- I clear my throat as I finished fixing her hair. "You look great, Don't worry." I assure her and open the door.

I hear familliar footsteps coming from the living room. -Highheels...- My mum rushes towards us with her huge and wonderful smile on. "Welcome! You must be Amanda! I've heared so much about you!" She takes Amanda's hands and gently squeezes them. She flushes and returns the smile.

"Good things, I hope." She quickly shoots me a glare and I innocently shrug with a grin.

"I've only heared good things!" My mum laughs and leads her to our living room. -I'm satisfied for cleaning the house earlier.- I follow behind. "My son constantly talks about you."

"I-Is that so?" Amanda looks at me with a slight of pink tint on her puffy cheeks. -Fucking cute! Ah shit, that's not what I should be paying attention to! Their conversation, their conversation! That's right...-

-Wait, what!?- I widden my eyes at my mum as she turns to give me a sly smirk. "Mum..." I warn her, but she just giggles.

As we walk into the living room Miles spots me first and waves at me with that typical kid-grin. -Gawd, this kid is an angel!- I grin and smile back.

Next to him are Troy and Evelyn, fighting over him. They both argue like little kids, even Miles is much more behaved. -They will be punished later for their lack of manners.-

Mrs. Miller grabs my right arm and smiles. "Thanks for bringing her over. I owe you something." I take a sit beside her and return her bright smile.

"You're welcome and I don't need anything in return. Thank you for coming aswell." She scoops closer to me as we watch mum and Amanda talking. -This will be interesting.-

______________________________________

"How did you two meet?" My mum asks as she takes a bite off her homemade blueberry muffin. She loves baking and I can't balme her, I mean baking is fun. -I think she pretty sure baked more on purpose, even tho she tried to act all innocent as if it wasn't planned. When she knew that I went to the Millers she immediately told me to invite them.-

Apparently Mrs. Miller and my mum already know each other, since they moved together to New York. They have been bestfriends since College, but somehow broke contact after my mum flew back to London.