Chapter 9

I was alone in my bedroom. Simon took a day off which is quite strange since he is the most trusted worker that leo has. But that means no one would guard my bedroom.

I glance at my new phone at the bed stand and went towards it. I unlocked my phone and clicked the messenger app and called him.

"Hey, its (y/n). Its been so long since we had seen each other! I was wondering if you would like to hangout with me." I asked through the phone "(y/n)! I thought I'd never hear from you! Of course i will, i'll be there soon." I heard him chuckle through the phone as i ended it.

I went downstairs and called for all the workers in this manor. They all lined up in front of me "Can we help you madame?" The head maid asked politely as ever, "There would be a visitor coming. And you all know how nuts Leo could be.." I looked at them.

"M-madame, are you telling us that we should keep our mouths shut?" She asked, i snapped my fingers and nod "Exactly." I answered, "But madame we are not allowed to lie." She frowned. "But I'm also your boss, which means that you have to listen to my demands too," I tilt my head slightly and flashed them a smirk.

"Or you can go and pack your bags and leave." I crossed my arms and looked at them as my smirk faded away. They didn't hesitate and nod their heads, i smiled "We have a deal then. You may all go back to your work." I announced as i heard a knock on the massive door.

I opened it and saw Joshua, i hugged him and smiled brightly. "Good evening (y/n)" he greeted, "good evening to you too." I greeted back. I showed him around a bit and we went inside the living room. He sat down at the red couch across from me.

"So, how have you been? How's emily?" I asked every question about the outside world and about their family's well being. "Em's fine. I should be asking you that question. How had you been? The last time we saw each other in person was at your wedding day, after that, you disappeared." He asked with a worried look.

I sigh, "its quite complicated.."

"Tell me about it then." He gave me a concerned smile, "well if you say so."

I trust Joshua. He and his sister Emily was my childhood friends. Its been long since we had seen each other. I was about speak about what has been going on lately when my phone started buzzing at the coffee table in front of me and Joshua.

I froze. "Aren't you going to pick that up?" Joshua asked, i snapped back to reality and nod. I picked up the phone from the coffee table and answered the call, "H-hello, Leo?" My hands started shaking as i heard him breath through the phone.

"I'm coming home immediately." He responded. My eyes went wide open as i automatically stood up from the comfy couch i was sitting at. "I-isn't it too early?" I asked, "The meeting was finished quite early. As i said, i'll be coming home now." Before i could even protest he already hanged up on me.

I cursed under my breath as i looked up at Joshua. Leo could take within minutes to get here with his vehicle. "H-hey joshua, don't you think its getting quite late?" I chuckle nervously, "I-i think you should go now.." I said. "Hm? We haven't even talked yet for an hour. Was there something i wasn't aware of at the phone call?" Joshua asked.

"T-that's nothing you should worry about. You should really go home, i-it was em who called me. She wants you to come home already." I lied, he chuckle "Oh, alright. Well, i'll be going now (y/n). Let's hangout again sometime, but a bit more longer okay?" He gave me a bright smile, "S-sure!" We waved goodbye to each other as i watched him drove off with his ferrari.

I sigh in relief that he already left. "Hm, miss (y/n), how bold of you to assume that i was absent."

Very sorry if the chapters are quite short, i haven't been able to make time to write longer ones.