Chapter 33

(Y/n)'s POV
I got out of the bathtub and changed into a new clothing that Violet gave me. The burning sensation calmed down, and it didn't give me pain that much anymore. "Would you like anything?" Violet asked with sympathy. I sat down at the bed and stayed silent.

I shook my head no for the answer, "Tell me" i turned to look at her, "Is it my fault?" i asked. Violet stayed silent. I looked down, maybe she doesn't understand. I entwined my fingers together and just sigh. "No. Its not your fault." Violet spoke, i looked up at her with shining bright eyes.

It was soothing to hear that. "To tell you the truth, its sir Leo's fault. How could he ever hurt you?" She sigh, "You deserve better madame." I smiled and took her hand. "Thank you..." I wiped away my tears that was stinging my eyes.

Emily's POV
"Yes?" Abigail walked towards me with her brows raised. "Please...i want answers. Tell me everything you know." I plead. "What?" Abigail tilted her head, "Please, don't act dumb on me. You're (y/n)'s mother-in-law, i know that you know what is happening."

I stated. Abigail and Dean both exchanged looks at each other. "Please, i beg of you" i frowned. "I'm sorry, but we know nothing." Abigail sigh and turned to leave, "(y/n) is my best friend and i can't just let things go! I need to know the truth! Tell me now! Please!"

She stopped walking. I stared at her, i waited for the silence to erupt. "If i did...what will you do about it?" She asked, she turned to look at me. She wantes answers. But my mind was blank. What would i do about it?

"You can't possibly tell the police. It would make things worse." Abigail interrupted my thoughts as if she was reading it. "I.." My words faded away into ashes.

"They are capable of anything."

Those words that Dean told me rang in my head as if it was a hint. I looked up, "I know that you guys are capable of anything. Miss Abigail, you know my family so well, and so do we. Please, i know that you're planning on something. And i want to be part of it. I want to help (y/n). She's like a sister to me, she's my best friend."

I plead. She was silent for a few seconds, but then i heard her chuckle. "You've prove me wrong." She clapped her hands, "You're a good friend Emily, and i know that you won't stand by." Abigail smiled. "Mother, are you seriously going to tell her?" Dean interrupted.

Abigail looked at him and nod. Dean looked at me, he looked unsure. "No need to worry Dean. Surely, she wouldn't tell a single soul." Abigail turned to look at me, "Right?" She questioned. I nod my head, "Yes, i won't." I gave Dean a genuine smile.

Dean didn't return back the smile and looked back at his mother. "Fine..." He walked out of the room. I stared until he was not in my view anymore. I felt a hand on my shoulder as i turned, Abigail escorted me into thr living room as we sat down. I sat down across from her as the maid gave us tea.

"Dean is a good man. He's nothing alike with Leo, trust me. But he is stubborn at some times." Abigail took a sip of her tea, "Yes, i was astonished when i first encountered him. I would have never thought that he is related to Leo." I chuckle as i try to enlighten the conversation.

"But anyway, let's get straight to the point Aunt. Please, tell me everything that i need to know." I looked at her. She looked back at me and placed down her cup of tea at the table in front of us. "Where do i begin?"