Chapter 43

I woke up the next day from the greeting of the sunshine. I heard the curtains being pushed to the sides as i heard a muffled sound of fabric tying the curtains to place. I fluttered my eyes open, my eyes getting stinged by the brightness of the morning sun.

I groaned and rolled to the other side and closed my eyes. "Good morning, miss (y/n)." I heard Simon's greeting me, "Let me sleep..." I groaned, "I know that you want to sleep," i heard him walking towards the bed, "but you have to wake up, miss (y/n)." Simon said as he pulled the covers off me.

I got up and wiped my eyes to adjust from the brightness in my room. I looked up at him and gave him a closed-eyed smile, "Good morning" I said in a low voice, i saw a hint of redness in his face as he turned his gaze away from me.

"Sir Leo has requested for me to get you." Simon said, "Pass." I let myself fall down the bed again as i stretch. "As much as i hate it, you have to come," Simon narrowed his gaze.

He sigh and went even further towards me as he took my wrist. He has a faint blush forming on his cheeks as he pulled me up, "I'll protect you, promise." Simon looked into my eyes and i finally gave in.

I nod my head, "If you say so." He smiled and let go of my wrist, it made me feel disappointed that he let go but i shook away the feeling.

I got up and he left me inside my room, letting me change. I went to my closet and reached for the golden knobs and pulled it open, revealing dresses thst was hanging on the steel bar above. There was jeans and leggings neatly folded down at the dresses, and beside the jeans and leggings were neatly folded blouses and t-shirts.

My closet isn't the fanciest and most organized since i'm not technically really inside my bedroom chamber. But it made me feel normal to see a typical closet, not some big room with fancy dresses hanging around and polished high-heels like a diva. I wanted my life to be normal, but its far from normal actually.

I picked out black leggings and a maroon hoodie, it has no prints nor designs on it. It was plain and a typical thing to wear. Plus, i'm getting quite tired of wearing branded, expensive and pretty silk, navy blue dresses.

I let my hair be free on its own and put on some white rubber shoes on. I went out of my bedroom and made my way to the table area, where i mostly have my breakfast either alone or with Leo.

I went inside and saw Leo at the middle of the long, black table with his business attire on. He didn't have his black blazer on yet though. He looked up at me and was horrified, he stood up and dropped down the knife and fork.

I glance at Simon who was beside Leo pouring tea to the teacup. He looked back at me with a smirk, as he let out a quiet chuckle. "What are you wearing?" He asked in pure disgust.

"I'm wearing clothes." I said as i sat across him. I was not that much nervous, but my heart beat was still quickened. I repeated to myself what Simon had promised me as i looked back at him, he gave me a nod. Giving me a sign for trust.

Violet came out from the kitchen holding a tray and made her way to me as she gave me a plate of food, they held a delicious scent that made my mouth water. The plate was filled with vegetables; carrots, peas and broccoli. And some scrambled egg and for the meat, i had ham and some mash potatoes for a side dish. Beside it was a glass of water.

Leo still was standing and his gaze was locked on me. "Change." he demanded, but i only ignored his demands. He growled as i heard him walking towards me. His shoes clicking on the stone-cold floor.

I still held my gaze down and ate. "Coffee?" I heard Simon ask, making me look up to see Simon holding out a cup of warm coffee infront of Leo, the coffee that which held delicacy. It made him stood there, he looked at Simon at the corner of his eye and took it.