Chapter 48

"And you," Leo turned to me, his face hardening. "You tried to seduce me, litte bird?" He whispered, frowning. I gritted my teeth, balling my hand into a fist as i clench on it tight. I could feel a wave of guilt flashing through me. Leo stepped closer to me. I didn't move, i didn't retreat, i was just frozen in place there.

"You want me dead?" Leo's frown becoming deeper, making me feel like surrendering. Simon stepped close, "Don't listen to him (y/n)! He's using you!" Simon yelled. Leo glared at Simon and turned back to me, "Don't listen to that wretched man. Listen to me, and only me." His voice became dark as he held out a hand for me to take.

"I don't know who to trust anymore, i don't know who to listen to. Am i going insane?" I bit my bottom lip, my fist clutching to my dark green dress. Leo's frown disappeared and turned into a smirk. "Oh, my darling (y/n), you poor thing," he shook his head as if he was showing sympathy.

Then turned back to look at me. "You don't have to choose. After all, i am yours legally," Leo shrugs his shoulder, he began to walk towards me. I couldn't move, as if my legs had a mind of its own.

Leo got a hold of my shoulder, making me screech in pain. He leaned forward, giving Simon a warning glance. I could feel Leo's breath tickling my ear as he whispered "That means you're coming with me."

I whimpered as a gunshot was suddenly heard. I immediately pushed Leo away, my heart breaking from the sight before me. Leo laughed, having no sympathy whatsoever. I turned to look at Leo, clearly not amuse. "What have you done?" Tears began to come down again, "You monster!" I sobbed. I'm sorry. I could feel my heart breaking to pieces, i didn't know what to do. I quivered, wanting this horrible nightmare to end.

I ran towards Simon, but Leo clutched onto my wrist, pulling me back. Away from him. Away from someone who i'm suppose to be with instead. Leo snaked his hand around my waist, like a lion who caught its prey. Violet was there, guard down and just holding onto her dear brother's life. I felt like i was at fault, for putting them into this position. For giving them trouble because of my stupidity and how stubborn i am.

Simon turned his head to to look at me. My heart ached in pain as i try to get away from Leo who was holding me so tight i'm near to suffocating, but i was defenceless, i was too weak. My shoulder was close to death, my knees hurt from the cuts that i didn't notice that i manage to get from smashing the mirror.

The only part of me that was alive and fighting was my heart. Its like i'm chained with skin, making me trap and not being able to even touch him, feel him, comfort him. I never saw him so weak before, so defenceless. He was laying on the stone-cold marble floor with his own pool of blood. I watched as Violet cried for help and i just stood there, wrapped in a protective barrier (which is Leo's arms) and have nothing to do but just be forced to look at this bloody scene.

Violet was weak, over thinking. I could see hatred clouding over her eyes, her once patient personality was all gone. She was no longer that collected, patient, smart and guarded woman i saw before my eyes. I knew she was too perfect to be true. All i could see now is a normal being, a girl that had been shot, but still not dying.

Violet clutched onto Simon, whispering words that stinged my heart like a poison ivy. "Don't leave me, please don't...Simon, we can make it. We will make it." Violet forced herself to smile, knowing that she was still not okay but she still held onto her dear brother anyway, motivating him to not leave. I felt a wave of envy, i wish i could be that strong like her.

I looked away from the scene in front of me, making me bite down my lip to stop myself from letting those wretched tears fall. "My dear, look at them. Isn't this a beautiful sight?" Leo chuckle, putting his hand to my chin and forcing me to look at the two siblings.

I looked at Simon whose eyes never moved away from mine. Then, he suddenly began to move his mouth, "I love you." I shook my head no, telling, screaming at him not to let go. Leo pulled his other unoccupied arm up and pointed the gun at the two siblings who was weak and bloody.

"Ah, so it ends here. How sad," Leo chuckled, "(y/n), this is it darling! This is the beautiful sight were going to witness!" Leo said happily, making me feel disgusted. "Please..." I turned to him, and i shook my head.

"Don't hurt them. Don't be like this," I caressed both of his cheeks and made him look at me, his face was not softening. Not even a single drop would he fall for me again. "I'll be with you. Just...just leave them. We could have a family, like we always dreamt off. Just please..." I pressed my forehead to his chest.

I could feel him breathing, his breathing becoming calmer and slower. "Please don't kill them." I looked up at Leo, tears going down my face like a waterfall. My eyes were pleading, it was clouded with remorse. He noticed and softened his expression, looking at me just a quick minute until he finally saw that there was no trap.

He took my hand, pulling me at his back. Leo looked at the two siblings, i could see him glaring at them, wanting to badly kill them. Just then, Leo took his phone from his pocket and held it to his ear. "Bring us the private plane, we're leaving this country."

The End....

Is not yet near....