Chapter 20

(Y/n)'s POV
I was in front of Leo's door. I stared at it for a minute. Simon was beside me, i looked at him and he gave me a reassuring look. I took a deep breath and knocked. "L-leo? Can we talk?" I asked calmly, but i know deep inside that I'm panicking.

"Come in." He gave me permission. I gulped as i look at Simon. He nod his head and opened the door, i went inside and closed the door. I tighten my grip onto my hand as i look at Leo. He was sitting at his chair, there was piles of papers in front of him.

There was silence. He was looking at me while he plays with the pen with his hand, twisting it around as he gave me time to speak. "L-leo...i-i wanted to talk to you about something." I finally spoke, i stuttered along the way.

He placed the pen down and stood up from his chair. "What is it (y/n)?" He asked. "T-this might be hard to endure...a-and i wanted to say this for a long time." I looked down as i squeezed both of my hands.

My heart started beating fast and began to have anxiety. "(y/n), is there something bothering you?" He asked as he placed his fingertips at my chin and made me look up at him. Shivers went through my spine.

I stepped back and gulped. "L-look...Leo, I'm sorry but..." I took a deep breath and said those words that i long desired for. "I want to have a divorce."

...

....

.....

"What?"

His eyes weht wide open. I bit my bottom lip and sigh "Leo, i said i want a divorce." I repeated. "(y-y/n), please tell me you're joking." He started laughing like a maniac, i shook my head no and was frowning. My heart ached, i felt the pain that he was feeling.

His eyes started forming tears as he looked at me. He took my hand and kneeled down and began to plead for me to stay with him. I bit my bottom lip harder. "Please (y/n), you can't leave me." He plead omce more.

I was trying to take his hands off of my own hand but he only held it tighter and was stuck like a glue. "Please Leo, you have to let me go. I-i don't love you anymore." It was hard for me to say those, my heart was still soft for him. And i care about him so much like the way he cared about me years ago.

He stood up and suddenly pulled me towards him and i fell on his chest as he hugged me. "P-please...not now...not yet..." He whispered. What did he mean by that?

"Leo, let go" i stated. He lets go of me and cupped my cheek. "Please (y/n), not until i get burried." He plead, at this point, i felt confused of what he was talking about. "What are you talking about?" I asked.

"(y/n)...i was never able to tell you this because i wouldn't be able to stand it when i see you get hurt..." He sigh as he went silent for a moment.

He looked at me again and gulped, "i-i have cancer." He said.

Notice:
I'm not a professional doctor (nor a doctor in general) and i may have some things wrong. Cancer is no joke. I could tell you that. But i might write some errors here about the character who is "suffering" from cancer. So please forgive me for my errors if i ever did make some. (e.g syndromes, actions, etc.)

Oh, and thank you for reading this story. It means a lot to me. And if i ever did some errors, you could tell me via messages and I'll fix the error asap. -Author