III. Eden

It was already night, they haven't seen a house nor just a shelter for the night.
"This van's gonna run out of gas." Zed sighed.

"There should be a gas station somewhere... There!" Lawrence pointed at the gas station.

"There should be fuel inside the shop," Harry said.

"So.. Who'll get the fuel?" Zed asked.

"Come on Tris," Eugene called. He opened the car door and closed it once Tris was out. "Ready your flashlight," Eugene said as they walked to the shop. Tris looked at him then she looked away.

"Okay, something wrong with me?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Huh? Uh... No no, it's just— I never imagine you asking me to be with you— I mean, to help you." Tris said.

"You need to get used to it though."

"Yeah.."

Eugene opened the door and told Tris to turn on her flashlight and ready her weapon. They saw many things that were used for cars, a car kit, gasoline, and—— ZOMBIE?!

Eugene saw that Tris hesitated so he took out his sword and killed it. He went to Tris and asked, "Are you okay?!"

It might seem surprising that Eugene was more worried than the last time..or he wasn't. "I-I'm okay.." Tris answered.

"Are you hurt? Were you bitten?" He asked again.

"No, I'm fine. Let's just get the gas and go."

He sighed in relief, "Get the car kit too." Tris nodded and took the car kit.

After that, they went out and saw the guys outside the van. "Oh, God! You guys are safe!" Harry was relieved.

"What took you guys so long?" Zed asked.

"We... Ran into a z." Eugene said.

"No one got hurt?" Lawrence asked.

"Welp, almost. But fortunately, no."

"Guys!" Ethan pointed at the group of zombies.

"There's no time to fuel this baby up. Come on get in the van." Zed said.

They hurriedly went into the van and locked the car doors just in time. Fortunately, the zombies didn't see them. "So... I guess we'll be sleeping in the van for now," Ethan said.

"Yep! We'll fuel the car tomorrow and move," Lawrence said.

"Alright! Goodnight!" Zed said as he made himself comfortable. The others said goodnight as well.

Tris dreamt something mysterious. She dreamt of her mother's voice and some type of laboratory. When she saw her mother's face in her dream, she woke up, and her heart pumped fast.

She didn't want the guys to see her cry, so she took her axe and secretly went out. She wasn't that far from the van. A zombie went straight for her, so she killed it. She killed 1... 2.. then 3.
2 zombies went straight for her until Harry suddenly went outside the van and killed the zombies using a long knife. He went to Tris who couldn't stop crying. "Tris—" but before he could continue—