BASEMENT: AREA TWO

The second area wasn't anything like the first one. It looked like an old archive, many book shelves, old dusty books, like an abandoned library.

As they walked inside, Faith explained everything to them of what Edna told her about the basement, and why she came down.

"Still, we don't need your help." Lawrence said as he searched for the entrance to the final area.

Eugene sighed and scratched the back of his head gently, "Can't believe I'm saying this... Lawrence is right about we doing this alone but.... If she didn't come down, maybe one of us are not here anymore."

"Damn! Did you just agree with a girl?" Zed asked happily.

"Shut up."

A few minutes went by, they haven't found the entrance. "Maybe we should split up." Harry suggested.

"And run into some sh*t? No way." Zed complained.

"It may be risky but it is much more faster. I mean, we did find the entrance last time."

Zed sighed, "Fine."

"Since Harry and I found the right tunnel, we'll be partners." Eugene grabbed Harry and walked the opposite way.

"Since Lawrence gets annoyed with my jokes, I'll go with Ethan." Zed said as the both of them walked away not far from where they were.

"I guess it's you and me." Faith said.

"Let's just get this over with." Lawrence sighed.
_____________________________
Meanwhile, above ground, Eric went inside Edna's office without even knocking on her door. "Haven't you heard of knocking? It's in the dictionary." Edna said.

"I don't care." Eric walked closer to her and slammed his palms on Edna's table. He looked very angry, he stared into her eyes, he could see his reflection like a mirror. "What is in the basement?"

"Why should you know?"

"It is for the greater good."

"Nothing is greater good.

"You want cheese? You can grate it if you want."

"I already told Faith everything about the basement. And you heard the words I said."

He chuckled, "And why should I believe that? I know you Edna, we both grew up in the same place, went to the same school, we both grew up together in the same everything."

"Not everything, maybe you forgot, you're not my brother."

"But we have the same blood."

"Half-blood."

"THAT'S— not the point right now.. I'm gonna ask you again...what is in the basement?"
_____________________________
On the other hand, Ethan and Zed reached— another dead end. "The entrance is impossible to find." Zed sighed as he sat on a nearby chair.

"Well, it is a maze." Ethan said as he scanned the books on the shelves.

Zed saw what he was doing, so he raised an eyebrow in confusion and asked, "What are you finding?"

"Anything that could give us a clue in getting out of here. A riddle, a key, maybe—a map." He saw a folded paper that was properly hidden inside the book. When he unfolded it, it was a map! "Jackpot!" He smiled at Zed and showed him the map.

"Let's show it to them!"

The both of them went back to where they came from.
_____________________________
Meanwhile, Harry and Eugene were still trying hard to find the entrance. "This is crap." Eugene complained.