Hand

Zed, Lawrence and Eugene went inside their house. Eugene took one of their metal steel spoon and placed it on the bowl. He poured the water then checked if the spoon changed its color.

As Zed took a glass of water from the refrigerator, he cleared his throat then asked, "Uh.. What are you doing?"

Eugene didn't say a word. He just focused on whatever he was doing. After a minute or two, he sighed in disappointment then let go of the spoon. "It's only..water." He said.

"Of course it's water! What else would it be?"

"Poison." Lawrence suddenly said as he met Eugene's gaze.

"What is this? Old school? 1800s?" Zed joked.

"It's possible to do those kinds of things." Lawrence took the spoon and examined it. "No one touches these, warn Harry and Ethan. We will leave it overnight and check it again first thing in the morning." He put down the spoon beside the sink and placed the bowl with the water aside.

"Are you doing this because of what Eric said? About Tris?" Zed asked in concern.

"Tris is dead." Eugene said.

"But we don't know the truth yet. We have no proof. What we only have is Eric and his imaginations!"

"What if it was true that someone was planning it all along?"

"What if it was Eric all this time——"

"Both of you stop." The both of them stopped before they argue. "It's either one of you is right or one of you is wrong, either both of you are right or both of you are wrong. Like Zed said, we don't know." He stood up and patted their shoulders. "Just do what I told you to do. And keep it down if you guys will continue arguing, I need some rest because today is fudging exhausting." Lawrence went upstairs to rest for a bit, since his shift was over, for now.

Zed met Eugene's gaze and apologized, "Sorry for the thing.."

"Don't sweat it Zed. Lawrence was right. Go get some rest, I'll tell Harry and Ethan about the water shit." Eugene said then went outside again.
_____________________________
On the other hand, outside Edna's office, Emily saw Faith who was taking a nap. She sat beside her comfortably as she sighed in relief. She looked at her and remembered the memories she made with Tris.

After an hour, Faith woke up and saw Emily who was reading a magazine. Emily saw her too and greeted with a smile, "Good afternoon!"

Faith smiled back, "Good afternoon.. How long was I asleep?"

"An hour."

Faith's eyes widen in surprise, "I'm so—"

"No need newbie! Come on, let me give you a tour around Eden!" Emily said as they both stood up and went outside for a tour.
_____________________________
"That's the garden, we plant fruits and vegetables there. Then if you go to the next street, you'll find our auditorium there. That's my house over there, I live with my parents then there's my grandmother's house—"

"Wait— Edna's your grandmother?" Faith asked.

"Yep! Anyways, back to the tour! That's Bryan over there, the guy with the brown jacket, AKA: My boyfriend." Emily said proudly.

"I didn't know relationships are still a thing nowadays."

"You think bitter."

"Sweet."

Bryan saw Emily and Faith, he waved 'hello' then greeted, "Hello! I'm Bryan, I guess Emi already told you that I'm her boyfriend."

"Nice to meet you. My name is Faith."