BASEMENT: AREA ONE

"Isn't going to an underground or basement maze the riskiest?" Eugene asked, he had a point though.

"It's actually not a basement. It's more like the going to the basement part that looks like a maze." Stephie added.

"What the hell do you mean?"

"I— did I—"

Harry placed a hand on Stephie's left shoulder and persuaded her, "Stephie, was the hand different?"

"I saw its veins—"

"Of course it has veins." Eugene interrupted.

"No, like you can really see it."

Harry's eyes widen and met Lawrence's gaze, "We need to act."

"To the maze then." Lawrence said.

"I'll go with you." Faith said. The five guys looked at her in surprise.

"We just saved you—" Zed said.

"You kind of have a death wish—" Eugene complained.

"It's too dangerous—" Ethan added.

"The five of us will handle it—" Harry also added.

"Someone needs to stay here and keep an eye on this house." Lawrence walked to her, "If anything goes wrong, call for Eric."

"I will prepare my bow and arrows then." Faith nodded and went back to get her weapon.

Ethan approached Lawrence and asked, "Do you trust that girl?"

"Nope, but we need more hands." Lawrence answered.

"Are you confident or being ironic? I can't tell." Zed chuckled and crossed his arms.

"Neither. Our focus needs to be on this mystery house, not the archer."

"Let us just get our weapons." Harry said.
_____________________________
After they prepared for their next mission. Stephie showed them the entrance to the maze. It was a wooden door that was covered with green leaves so it would not be seen. "There are three areas in the basement. Now, you're about to enter area one."

"You said it's a maze." Eugene complained again.

"It is, the third area is the main one. If I recall what Melody said, you could see the door to their house, then you could go inside."

"Sounds like a game." Zed said.

When Stephie opened the entrance to the basement, Faith approached them and said, "I'll be here if you need me."

"Thank you, Faith." Harry thanked.

"Let's go." Lawrence went down and landed on his feet. He helped the others go down as well.

The first area wasn't already pleasant at all. It was slippery, yucky, dark, and creepy. It was like the entrance to the netherworld.

"Welcome to the path to hell." Zed said sarcastically.

When they turned on their flashlights, they saw three tunnels. "It's a maze, one of it could lead us to a dead end." Ethan reminded them.

"We need to separate, it'll be much faster." Lawrence suggested, all of them agreed.

Harry and Eugene took the left tunnel, while the other three took the right tunnel.
_____________________________
Meanwhile, above ground, Faith just sat on the grass infront of Arch and Melody's house. Eric saw her playing twigs. "What are you doing here?" He approached her.