Blame Me

Two days passed, the five of them enlisted for the Defenders. On deck, they prepared themselves as they waited for Thaniel. There were about twenty-five people on deck including them who enlisted for the Defenders.

When Thaniel came, there was a guy like their age beside him. The boys were mesmerised by the unfamiliar guy's handsomeness, his dark brown eyes, his black hair, probably 99.9% perfection. "Alright! Fall-in!" Thaniel commanded. The guy beside him was just there. "Welcome to your first day of training! Starting today, you will be calling me Sir. Greene! And this man here, beside me is Cald Tryst he will guide all of you throughout your whole year of training! He is the most skilled and experienced than any of you here. Also, you won't call him anything but Cald. Understood?"

"SIR YES SIR!" Everyone replied in unison.

After a whole afternoon, they finally took a break. Thaniel approached Ethan with a smile, "Tired already son?"

"You can say that." Ethan smiled after he drank water.

"So he's your son?" Cald asked Thaniel.

"Yes, he is my son." Thaniel answered.

"Cald, right?" Harry asked.

"Well someone paid attention." Cald said, impressed.

"So you're like exempted in this whole training?" Zed asked.

"I trained for two years. This year is my third."

"It's the reason why he is most skilled." Thaniel complimented.

"No offence but.. I doubt." Eugene spoke.

"Pardon?" Cald asked.

"Lawrence is kind of the leader of our group, and we saw his skills firsthand."

"I-I'm not that skilled." Lawrence denied; embarrassed of what to say next.

"We'll see Mr. Smith." Cald said to him.

"How did you—"

"I have my sources. Besides, you have a nameplate with you. Am I right?" Cald gave Law a cold and unbelievably mean smirk then walked away.

"Oh shoot, he did not just do that to Law." Zed's eyes widen.

Harry then turned to meet Lawrence's gaze, "You good Law?"

Lawrence turned to look at them then pointed at the direction where Cald went. "Did he just smirked at me?"

"Well this'll be an interesting year." Thaniel laughed as he patted Ethan's shoulder then left.

"There are tons of people who smirked at me before, but not what like that guy did."

"Maybe it's how he smirk?" Harry said.

"I'm a master of smirk reading. So yeah, I can tell that's not just any smirk." Zed spoke as he raised his hand a bit high just for only them to notice.

"Can we stop with the smirk?" Eugene asked impatiently.

"We can't. It's on." Lawrence said as he cracked his knuckles.

"It's gonna be a looooooong year." Ethan sighed as he shook his head.
_____________________________
Everyday was the same, they wake up like 5:00 in the morning => wash-up => prepare the necessary things for training => go training => take a break => train again => then take a break again => then train => then Thaniel will dismiss them => go back to their room => wash-up => eat dinner => then sleep. Then it goes on and on. However, some days weren't pretty good. Some were kicked out, some also voluntarily left the training and enlisted for another job.