V. Happy That I Met You

The six of them went to Vic. He looked at them with his arms crossed. "We have 4 kinds of work. Medic, Lookout, Patrol, and Scavenger. Medic, is where you get your hands dirty to save one's life. Lookout, it'll be either you're in, on that tower, or out. Patrol, you'll just make sure that nothing in here goes chaotic and you will be responsible for the people in here. Lastly, Scavenger, once we open that gate you need to be ready to risk your life just to live more. There may be a chance you won't come back, but since you all came here alive... I bet you'll come back alive too." Vic explained, "Now any questions?" Vic added.

"Uh yeah. In the lookouts, what do you mean out?" Zed asked.

"It's optional. It'll be the scavenger's decision if you'll come with them or not."

"Good piece of information," Eugene said.

"After Emily's birthday, I need your decision so we know where you're in. Understand?"

After all of them agreed, they heard the gate open and three cars came back inside the walls.

A dark brown-haired guy hopped out of the first car. Emily ran to him and hugged him so tight. "Dad you're home!" Emily said in relief.

"Good to see you too Em." Her dad said.

"Oh Dad, I want you to meet my new friends!"

Her dad looked at the 6 of them and said, "Welcome to Eden! I'm Dane Hunter, Emily's father.."

"I'm Lawrence."

"Zed"

"Ethan"

"Eugene"

"Harry"

"Tris"

"Oh uhm, Dad, I know you have anger issues with grandma's half-brother and his community. It's just.. Tris was from there." Emily said.

Dane looked at Tris for a bit and said, "If she was then that means now she isn't. Say, Tris... What happened?"

"I ran away.." Tris said directly.

"Why?"

"'Cause every one of them is an a******."

Dane smiled when he heard those words. "You made the right choice! Welcome to Eden Tris. Emily? Where's your mother?" He asked.

"In grandma's house," Emily said.

"Let's go see 'em." The both of them walked to Edna's house.

It was already night, Tris ate pork and beans all alone in her dining room. After she ate, she washed the dishes, then she sat on the couch and sighed. She looked up at the ceiling and waited for something fun. "I hope the guys are having fun tonight.." she said to herself. She took her jacket and went out. She passed by the guys' house and stopped for a bit. She thought... What if the guys don't want her there? What if they're all fine without her?
She looked at their house and sighed again. "You won't know unless you try.." she said.
She walked to their door and hesitated for a bit, she breathed in and out and knocked at the door.

Before all that happened, the guys were having dinner. They ate some canned foods but not just any canned foods. Since Eugene knew how to cook, he added vegetables to their food. "How did you get these veggies?" Zed asked.

"In the garden. They told me that I could get some if I want, so I did." Eugene said.

"Vegetables are good for the health though," Harry said.

"Hey, Ethan! You've been very quiet lately. What's in your mind?" Zed asked.

"Don't you know Ethan yet?" Eugene asked Zed.