Arrow

As the sun went down, Harry walked with Zed to check for holes. "This is taking forever." Zed complained.

Harry chuckled, "At least we're doing our jobs Zed."

"Don't tell me you enjoy this kind of work."

"Well, I wanted to be a civil engineer."

"Ahh..that's why you're smart as Lawrence."

"Not really, and I'm proud I'm not like him."

Zed stopped, "Why not?"

Harry smiled at Zed and joked, "Because I can keep my cool but he can't."
_____________________________
Meanwhile, shouts from inside Edna's office has echoed her whole house. "ARE YOU BLIND LAWRENCE? THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY!" Edna shouted.

"But majority of us see this as a threat." Lawrence explained.

"Voting system is not counted in the rules of Eden."

Lawrence face palmed, "Don't you get it Edna? PEOPLE will die! YOUR PEOPLE WILL DIE!"

"My people or you?" Edna glared at him.

"You put me in charge!"

"No, I put Vic in charge."

Lawrence sighed in frustration. He walked to Edna's table and unfolded the map that Vic used. "Can't you see this? There are tons of factories that are coming from the West, and the horde came from the East. Now because of the unexpected loud explosion, obviously they will be attracted to it."

"So?"

"So that means the West team will die!"

"That's your team."

"And your people. Why can't you understand that?"

Edna avoided eye contact as she sat down on her chair. Lawrence sat across from her. "I know it's getting harder than before. Our supplies are only good for a month, and we're stuck here surrounded by zombies. However, we are trying our best to solve this problem." He spoke calmly.

Edna gave him a glare, "And what we and our are you referring too?"

"Is this because we've spoken to Eric?"

"I don't care about him."

"He's trying his best, but if it makes you comfortable.. We'll keep an eye on him." He stood up and walked away.

Edna, on the other hand, stared at her door that he closed. "You mustn't find out or else you die."
_____________________________
Night came, and Eden was quiet as a ghost town. Eric commanded that there needed to be two people guarding at each tower. Eugene and Ethan were partners for the night. "Wanna eat dinner?" Ethan asked.

"Neh. I'll pass." Eugene declined.

"You need strength for the whole night Eugene." He handed him a sandwich. Eugene hesitated but he took it anyway and ate.

Ethan looked at the view then to the zombies beside the wall. "Do you remember Principal Shade's embarrassing moment in the auditorium?"

"Well you're awfully talkative today." Eugene laughed softly.

He smiled a few seconds then it faded slowly, "I don't talk to anyone this much."

"So I'm the first person?" Eugene raised a brow.

"Not really. My mom's words talking at the right time is still in my mind. Probably won't leave my head forever."

"I suggest don't let it go. You're great at it." Eugene pat Ethan's back as he finished the last bite of his sandwich.