We Know Nothing About

Days passed, it was still hard for them to move on. That a girl like Tris, who was mostly worried in everything, who was always there for them, who always supported them, and who saved them from living outside of the community, was gone. Although they still force a smile, their emotions were still...broken.

It was already nighttime, Zed and Ethan were assigned for lookouts, Eugene and Harry were assigned for night patrol, and Lawrence just got back from the community by himself. Zed and Ethan opened the gate for Lawrence, then closed it after. Lawrence hopped out of the car holding two boxes of canned food.
"You alright?" Zed asked.

"No bites, no scratches, just these." Lawrence handed the boxes to Ethan.

"I see you're back from scavenging alone." Harry said as he and Eugene approached them.

"Fortunately, no interruptions while I was out."

"This is good for three weeks." Ethan said.

"Good, I thought it might only be for a week."

"Did you... passed by the factory?" Eugene asked while avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah.. Why ask?"

"You know why."

"You're quiet lately. What's up with you?" Zed asked.

"You don't ask a lot of questions lately. What about you?"

"Guys, don't do it." Harry warned.

"Do what? We're not doing anything." Zed said.

"We're talking and breathing and doing our jobs. Speaking of jobs, we need to do our jobs." Eugene said then walked away.

"I'll take this to the food storage." Ethan added and walked away. Zed went back to his post.

"How are they?" Lawrence asked Harry.

"They...are still.. moving on." Harry answered.

"How bout you?"

"Same as what they're feeling. You?"

"Likewise."

"We all know it's hard. But she's there, watching us, smiling at us, telling us that it'll be okay." Harry said as he looked up at the stars and saw the smiling crescent moon. Lawrence looked up as well, smiling at the night sky.

Days before that night, they decided to go back to the factory. Emily started the car and drove there. Once they arrived, they went out of the car and walked to the back of the factory. The factory was ruined, there were ashes on the ground, and...Tris. She didn't turned into one, the big zombie was nowhere to be found, probably because it turned into ashes. Maybe that's because she was not bitten. Tris..was gone. That night before the explosion, she wrote something on her arm, the ink she used was her own blood. It said, "Never give up guys! I'm always here! I love you!".

"This can't be happening.." Emily knelt before her best friend's dead body, and cried. Bryan hugged her and comforted Emily.

Eugene suddenly knelt down before her and touched her arm where he saw what Tris wrote before she died. "I was so mean to her.." Eugene suddenly cried.

Ethan and Zed joined Eugene. "She's resting now.." Zed said.

They heard a zombie a few meters behind them, Lawrence took Zed's pipe without permission and killed it. Smashing its head over and over. "Lawrence.." Harry called, but Lawrence didn't seem to hear it. "Lawrence..." yet he ignored,
"Lawrence!" He shouted, then again, he ignored Harry.

"Harry, leave him be." Ethan said as he walked to him.

Lawrence continued smashing its head until he got tired. He threw the pipe but it wasn't that far, then he reached his pocket to get his dagger, and pointed it at himself. Ethan ran to him and held his hand that was holding the knife. "That's not gonna bring her back." Ethan said.

"I'm the leader of this group, I should've done something to save her." Lawrence cried. After a few minutes, they buried Tris and left the factory.

Days passed by, they prepared a strategy to lure the horde away. "We won't stop until we reach this point over here." Vic said as he pointed the red dot on the map.

"That's.. far." Edna added.

"It's the safest."

"Who's gonna ride to that point?"

"These five brave men." Vic looked at them, "Five people is what we need. They suggested it, they do it."

"Vic, consider the thing they needed to move on about. We couldn't just—"

"We volunteered, Edna." Lawrence said.

"No one is going to leave you five alone."

"Vic missed something there, what he meant was leading. Lawrence will be leading the west team, I will be leading the east team, then Eugene and Zed will be leading the front." Harry explained.

"And the back?"

"Vic and Ethan will." He added, Vic smiled at Edna.

"Where you'll be going is far." Edna said.

"They can do it! Have high hopes!" Eric walked in.

"Did anyone taught you how to knock?"

"I know how, just not feeling it."

"Lawrence, are you sure he's not gonna do anything?" Vic asked in a whisper.

"A chance? Yes." Lawrence nodded.

"So the plan is settled then?" Zed asked.

"Yes, go do your work." Edna said. The five of them went out of the office and went back to work.

Meanwhile, after they left, Edna and Vic looked at Eric, their brows raised. "What?" Eric asked.

"Well, it's just that everyone will be helping." Edna said.

"And I'm not being helpful?"

"Clearly, you aren't." Vic said with a glare.

"Then let me tell you my plans." Vic and Edna looked and listened to him attentively. "I gave all my guns to your community.. As well as the food my men and I saved before ending up here, I helped searching for more gas, and lastly, I just located the possible threats they may encounter." Eric said to them.

"Possible threats?" Vic asked.

"The route that everyone will be going is dangerous. Rumours about that route is very... Hard to deal with."

"What rumours?" Edna asked.

"Hunters.. They say that they use zombies to fight."

"So you're saying, we shouldn't go to that direction?" Vic said as he pointed the map.

"I'm not saying, I'm asking. If we can just choose another route then we're done."

"Wait a minute.. How can we be sure that you are to be trusted? That you are not planning this just to trick us?"

"I negotiated with the hunters before. They're reckless, stubborn, and they will do everything in their power to get what they want. Unlike me, I just use that power to save my people from CSD, until everything became a lost cause."

"Fine then." Edna said and sighed, "You will cooperate for the operation, I'll let you lead security... All around Eden." She added.

Vic looked at her with disapproval, "But he—" but before he could finish—

"He is... my brother.. If these hunters are a big threat that we know nothing about, then I guess my brother, leading the security of Eden won't hurt. Just don't disappoint me Eric, I'll feed you to those monsters if ever you do something crazy or absurd." Edna said.

"I'll do my best then...sister." Eric smiled at her for the first time.