Ethan

An hour and a half before sunset, Lawrence and Harry were asleep after scavenging, Zed went patrolling, Eugene was assigned for the lookouts and Ethan went to medic training. They were all busy, but they always see each other for dinner.

Ethan went inside the clinic and saw the doctor. The doctor looked up and saw Ethan. "Yes?" The doctor asked.

"I'm here for medic training." Ethan said.

"Oh! So you must be Ethan Greene! I'm Dr. Shelly Borne." She offered a handshake.

"Nice to meet you." He shook hands with her.

"Your friend, Eugene Parker, did a good job! He told me that you are more like an.. Expert!"

"Not really an expert.."

"Say, Ethan.. Eugene told me that you saved Lawrence's life when he got shot. How old are you?"

"I'm 18."

"And you managed to save his life?"

"I don't want to see him die.. All of them..."

"Why?"

"Because they saved me.."
Ethan remembered those times before he met them..

His mom, stepfather and Ethan went golfing. They were just there, playing under the hot sun. Ethan wasn't comfortable with his stepfather. He saw them, laughing and being sweet with each other. Almost made him vomit.

His stepfather wasn't always nice when it comes to Ethan alone, but when his mother's there? His stepdad would act like an angel sent from above. He met his stepfather when he was still young. Ethan's parents separated when he was still in the age of 7. Ethan never wanted another dad, but there was nothing he could do. His mom was very happy with his stepdad, he could see the joy from his mom's face.

When Ethan was in the age of 9, his stepdad began to beat him, slapped him, punched him.. It was like torture!
Whenever his mom went back home, she could see Ethan's bruises then his stepdad's reason would be 'His classmates bullied him'. After that, his stepdad still continued beating him.
Ethan couldn't take it anymore!

When he was already a teenager, he went to his mom and told everything, but his mom didn't believe him. His mom said to him to keep his mouth shut and told him to only say something that other people would believe. That's when he started to be quiet. Ethan's very obedient when it comes to his mom. He loved her even though he hated his stepfather.

Just then, when they went golfing. A guy fell down from the balcony and they saw that guy was being eaten. They all ran for their lives and went to somewhere safe. There was no going back from where they came from.

Days passed, they started scavenging. Ethan saw a baseball bat, it was clean, and it looked like no one used it. So he just took it for defence.

One day, they were in an abandoned mall. From just looking at it, they already knew what happened. "This place creeps me out.." his stepdad said.

"We are just here to find some food." His mom said.

"In the food court?" Ethan asked.

"Yes, Ethan.. In the—" but before his mom could finish, something fell from the second floor.

Ethan and his stepdad were a bit far but his mother? She got stuck. "Mom!" Ethan shouted. They ran to her and helped her get up. But.. Because of the noise, the zombies appeared from nowhere.