Brave Woman

"Eden is in danger."

Those were the only words that kept on repeating inside Lawrence's head. He felt so light headed that he wanted everything to stop. But sad reality— he couldn't. There were a lot to process, he didn't know what to do, what to say to the others.

First, the hoard outside the walls. Second, the bulletin board he saw. Third, everything that Eric told him. He thought it was all impossible, but it made sense as well.

Once he was back at their house, it was already dark. The other guys were already eating their dinner. "What took you so long with Eric?" Zed asked with food still in his mouth.

"I- was scolded." Lawrence answered. Though it did seem he was scolded, but truly? He wasn't. Lawrence sat on the couch and sighed in relief and frustration.

"Woah.. Now he's very tired."

"Because of Arch and Melody huh?" Harry spoke.

"Yeah.." Lawrence closed his eyes to rest.

"Arch was with me..with the same spiked barricade. I guess he hid it all this time." Eugene said.

"But..it's impossible." Ethan said.

Eugene looked at Ethan and asked, "How come?"

"When we went back inside, there were no blood traces from the gate. If he was bitten, then he would've screamed in pain. I mean, Arch's mostly scared of— almost everything probably."

"Since when did you become so observant?" Zed asked.

"The basement." Ethan joked.

"The basement wasn't really a basement. It's like an underground path to hell." Eugene chuckled then ate.

"Speaking of the basement.. Lawrence, did you discovered or found something at the other room?" Harry asked.

Lawrence slowly opened his eyes, he looked so calm on the outside, but he was panicking in the inside. He sighed again but this time it gave shivers down to his spine, "Nothing interesting, really. Just junk and..you know? The ordinary basement kind of thing."

"Then why were you late when we fought them?"

Lawrence smiled at Harry, "I was there in no time, wasn't I?"

"Rrrrriiight." Harry smiled and shook his head.

Eugene saw the water that Vic gave to Zed. Seemed like there was no poison. "Still makes me uncomfortable though." Eugene said as he threw the water outside the window to water the plants.

"It's just water." Zed spoke.

"Edna's a bit different. I just don't know why."

Lawrence suddenly stood up. "What's the matter Law?" Harry asked, concerned.

"I have a job to do tomorrow. I need to get some rest." Lawrence said as he walked up the stairs to his room.

They greeted him 'good night' then went back to eating their tasty meal.
_____________________________
Days passed, Eden managed to get rid of the hoard. Scavengers could scavenge again for supplies. Day by day they killed zombies then buried them.

Meanwhile, Faith was on her bed. She had 2 more hours before her next shift. As she sat on her bed, she saw a wooden box. She took the box then opened it. She saw— the logo of the CSD. Once she was about to put it back inside, a brown envelope caught her eyes. Because of curiosity, she opened the envelope and the first thing she saw was— a picture of her father. She read the letter...

Dear Ms. Jenkins,
I will be direct with you.. Find this man and you will be saved. What we only want is to keep you safe Tris. We promise.