Lawrence

A few nights later, the guys were asleep except for Lawrence. He went downstairs and looked for something to eat. He saw a chocolate bar and took it. He opened the plastic wrapper and ate the chocolate. He's just there, eating a chocolate, sitting on the couch with no one to talk to. He remembered something about the chocolate bar. He remembered that it was his mom's favourite chocolate. He remembered the time before this chaos happened.

He was just there, he typed and messaged his group about their project. His mother went in and bought a box of her favourite chocolate.

"Mom, chocolates are bad for your teeth." Lawrence teased.

"YOLO Lawrence. You only live once." His mom smiled.

"Yeah, whatever you saaayyy.."

His mom turned on the TV and the news appeared, the headline said "Zombies All Over"

"Oh my gosh..." She said.

"The world's cruel.." He said.

"Go ready your things, lock the doors—"

"Mom, don't panic.."

"Lawrence, always remember that your mom always loves you. Alright?"

"I'll never forget that mom." He smiled.

"Now do what I told you to do."

"But mom.. You do know that we can't lock ourselves here, right?"

"I know. Just do what I told you."

Lawrence locked the doors just like his mom said.

It was already night, Lawrence was in his room. He laid down on his bed and hoped that nothing will happen bad.

The next day, Lawrence wondered why his mom didn't woke him up. So he went downstairs to check on her, but when he went down, he saw the door was open.

He checked the kitchen to see if his mom was there. Once he got there, he saw his mom... Being eaten by a zombie. Lawrence gasped and walked backwards quietly. However, he broke the vase from the table. The zombie heard it and walked to where the sound came from. Lawrence saw the zombie infront of him. A few seconds later, the zombie ran towards him, Lawrence picked up a hard object near him then hit the zombie's head. After that, Lawrence killed the zombie. His hands shook, he ran to his mother and cried.

He knew that crying won't help him. So he took a bath and packed up his important stuffs. He went to the garage and looked for something that could be used as a weapon. He saw a gun under the cabinet then he took the kitchen knife in the kitchen.

Lawrence went outside and left his house. He hoped, he prayed that he will survive.

He lived in empty houses, he didn't knew where he was going, but he didn't care. He ran into a group of men with motorcycles. A tall guy blocked his way and said, "Hey shorty! Where ya goin'?"

"Somewhere." Lawrence answered then walked the other way.

The tall guy blocked his way again, "Somewhere huh? Well you're going nowhere now!" The guy punched his face, it made Lawrence stumbled on the ground and grunted.

"Aww! Is shorty hurt?" The others laughed with him.

Lawrence stood up and wiped the blood out of his mouth and said, "Don't call me shorty."

"Well then! I'll call you pip squeak!"

Lawrence swung his fist to the guy's face but unfortunately, the guy avoided it. He stumbled on the ground again.

"So that's how it's gonna be huh? Say boys! Let's give this pip squeak a lesson."
The guys beated him up until he got unconscious.

Lawrence woke up after a few hours and saw the motorcycle freaks laughed at each other. They checked his bag then they took his stuffs. "Ahh.. Nothing's better than stealing from a person. Mostly this pip squeak!" The tall guy laughed.

"You can get— everything— you want— however.. There's 1 condition.." Lawrence grunted.

"Oh yeah? What is it?"

"Teach me how to fight."

The guys looked at each other and nodded. "Fine! It's a deal."

They taught Lawrence how to cut deeper, shoot properly and lastly, where he's good at, hand to hand combat. The guys didn't know how to do medic so they didn't taught him that.

A few days passed, Lawrence told them that he needed to leave. So they agreed and Lawrence left.

Lawrence walked on the road, hoped that he could find a place to stay.

Just then, he saw a blonde haired guy killing a group of zombies by himself. So he helped him, he held his rifle and killed the zombies.

Once they were all dead, the guy knelt down and cried infront of his family, who were all dead.

Lawrence went to him and asked, "Are you alright?"

The guy didn't answered. Lawrence looked at what he was looking at and said, "Oh.. It must be.. Hard..."

"They're all I have... And now they're gone..." The guy cried.

Lawrence knelt beside him and asked, "What's your name?"

"Eugene Parker..."

"I'm Lawrence Smith."