Dark Side

The day of getting rid of the horde finally came. Lawrence walked with Harry to the gate. "Have you sent out those men of yours?" Lawrence asked as he reloaded his gun.

"Yeah I did." Harry answered but by his facial expression? He looked worried.

"Anything that I should know?" He asked, concerned.

"It's just.. It has been a while since the five of us got..well..separated. Eugene and Zed leading the front, you leading West, Ethan leading from behind, me leading East."

"Harry, as long as this goes smoothly we will be——" suddenly a big explosion came from the horde. "What the——"

"OPEN THE GATE!!!" A man shouted as the others followed. Once they were inside and safe, Harry and Lawrence approached them. "What happened out there?" Harry asked.

"The zombies—" one of the man said as he tried to catch his breath, "They suddenly exploded!"

Their eyes went wide as they heard it. "What do you mean exploded?" Lawrence asked.

"All of them have bombs attached."

"Which means if they already exploded...oh shit." Harry looked at Lawrence with a shocking expression.

"You there!" Lawrence pointed a random person, "Tell Edna and Vic that EVERYTHING is cancelled! Go!" The person nodded and ran to where Vic and Edna were. "Harry, inform the others." He added.

Harry nodded as he ran to the others. Once he saw them, he stopped to catch his breath. "Woah! You alright Harry? Also, what was the explosion?" Zed asked.

"The operation is cancelled! We can't step a foot outside these walls." Harry said.

"Can't step a foot?" Eugene raised a brow.

"Zombies are attracted to noise, so that means.." Ethan stopped as Zed and Eugene realized it. "Oh my—" but before Zed could finish, "Language! We need to help Lawrence and——" Harry was interrupted by a scream of a woman nearby.

The four of them ran and stopped their tracks when they saw Emily pointing a gun at a woman. "PLEASE! SPARE MY LIFE PLEASE! Please.." the woman cried.

"Who is she?" Zed asked. "One of mine in the East team. She came back with the others when we heard the explosion." Harry said as he stared at Emily then to the woman.

"You were bitten!" Emily tried to explain.

The woman cried, "Just let me go! Let me——" she vomited blood. After she vomited, she stared at Emily then— she pulled out her gun and pointed it at Emily. The woman was about to shoot her but—— the woman dropped dead as a dagger went straight to her head.

Everyone turned their gaze to Lawrence as he walked to the woman and took his dagger from her head. He turned his gaze to the guys and said, "We have unusual things to do. Follow me." He walked away.

"So his habit in throwing knives at trees became totally worth it." Eugene said.

"Zed could be the target if Lawrence missed." Ethan said as he smirked.

"Ha ha Ethan, but your jokes never work." Zed said.

"I wasn't joking."

"Wait what?! Seriously?"

         ___________
Vic and Edna went outside and approached the five of them. "Lawrence, what happened? Why are we cancelling our operation?" Edna asked, by the tone of her voice? She was furious.

"There was an explosion. It could be dangerous." Lawrence explained.

"Of course it'll be dangerous——"