Chapter Two

I gape at them, the sandwich in my hand. I study their faces, how Dean looks so much older than me despite our age difference being three minutes, how Sam still has a scar on his lip from trying to eat a pair of scissors that he found in Dean's knitting box.

I drop my crutches and the sandwich without thinking and pull Dean into a tight hug. It hurts my leg, but this is the closest I've seen my brother in a long time.

"Dean," I whisper against his chest. He's much taller than me, so my face barely reaches the base of his neck.

"Umm, hi?" He says, confused.

I pull away. "I'm sorry, it's just been so long since I've seen you last. Come in, come in."

Sam helps me get my crutches and we sit down on one of Uncle Bobby's couches.

"So, uh, why are you here?" I ask nervously. Damn, I thought I would be less awkward around my brothers.

"Well we need some information, and Bobby's always helped us before, but he wasn't answering his phone, so we came here," Dean says, studying me.

I think I see a flicker of recognition in his eye.

Oh, God no. He can't recognize me. He hasn't seen me in twenty two years! I suppose I still have the same hair color, my pajamas are covered in paint, and my eyes are as deep a green as his, but no, no no no no. I was supposed to keep hidden. John will kill me when he finds out.

"Yeah, Uncle Bobby's on a hunting trip," I say casually, trying not to meet Dean's gaze. Shit. I said Uncle, didn't I. Well that's just great.

"Excuse me miss, but what's your name?" Sam asks politely.

I say the first thing that comes to mind. "Elizabeth," I lie, "but you can call me Liz."

Dean speaks, taking my eyes off Sam. "And who exactly are you? What did you mean when you said you haven't seen us in a long time?"

I can't answer that.

"Listen, you didn't come here to interrogate me. So I suggest you tell me what you need so I can help you before you get yourselves into trouble," I say, slightly threatening them.

Dean pulls out a knife, but Sam puts his hand on my twin's wrist.

"We need info on a demon named Lilith," my younger brother says.

I laugh. "Lilith? Okay well, first of all, she's Lucifer's right-hand woman. She has twelve names, none of which are super important. She's centuries old. Sam, you're already strong enough to exorcise her. Don't kill her. Has Castiel told you about the 66 seals yet?"

Dean growls. "How do you know about Cas and the seals?"

"Ahh, so he has told you," I say, amused at how easy it was to trick the famous Winchester. "Anyway, Lilith is the final seal. Don't kill her. Killing her will break the final seal. Sam, don't drink any more of Ruby's blood. She's working for Lilith, and she's trying to get you to release Lucifer. Dean, whatever you do, don't say yes to Michael. Lucifer will get released somehow, and the angels will want you to be Michael's vessel. Our brother Adam is also eligible, but, as I think you know, he's dead. Sam, don't say yes to Lucifer. He also has other vessels. But you are the strongest. Don't say yes."

Dean wrenches free of Sam's grip and lunges at me, holding the knife to my neck.

"Oh, my darling Dean. You think that's going to scare me?" I ask, smirking.

Then, so quickly you can barely see me move, I grab the knife and hurl it across the room, so it sticks in the middle of Uncle Bobby's dartboard, right in the bullseye. I push Dean back on the couch next to Sam.

"Who are you?" Dean asks in amazement.

I sigh and say "I think you know, brother dear."

Then I get up and limp quickly to my room, moving the bookcase and then returning it back to it's position before they notice.

I can hear than moving around on the other side of the door. "Shit," Dean whispers, over and over. "It can't be, she died on that hunting trip..."

Ah, so that's the story Dad gave them. I was on a hunting trip with him and I died. I laugh out loud at that realization.

That, I think, is my mistake. I hear the sound of the bookcase being moved and my lock being picked. I simply sit on the bed and wait for my brothers to get in.