Chapter Nine

I'm sorry these chapters are so short but I swear they looked longer when I was writing them on Google Docs. I'm going to try to publish at least two chapters for every update now so you won't just have to read like three hundred words.

I open my eyes when the sun reaches them. My twin is still asleep, so I lay there and stare out the window. I watch the trees and the clouds as best as I can see them.

I stare out the window until the sky goes from the light blueish pink from sunrise to the bright blue of the afternoon. That's when I wake up Dean.

"Hey, wake up."

He grumbles sleepily "it's too early Sammy."

I punch him lightly in the arm. "I'm not Sam. Also, if I recall correctly, you have a case."

That makes him sit up and stare at me. He looks at me for about a minute before the sleepiness clears out of his eyes and he realizes it's me. He traps me in a hug.

"I missed you," he says, burying his face in my shoulder.

I push Dean away. "Come on, wake up. I'm starving."

I walk out of the room to let him change, and when I'm sure nobody's looking, change my clothes by the angel magic stuff I now have. I go downstairs and sit down at the breakfast table. I'm an angel, so I don't have to eat, but my brothers and Uncle Bobby will be concerned if I don't. So I plan to eat, but not much.

Good morning. We need you in Heaven, Cas speaks in my mind, making me jump.

Give me like ten minutes. I have to eat first, or they'll be worried about me. I'm also sure they have more questions that I have to answer.

Fine. But hurry.

And with that, the angel is gone from my head. I wonder what could be so important they need me, a new angel, to come?

By the time Sam and Dean are both downstairs, six of my ten minutes are up. Finally, I get to eat. I shovel pancakes down my throat as fast as I can, trying not to gag at the feeling of them going down my throat.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm feeling slightly sick to my stomach," I say, getting up to go to my room.

Bobby stops me with his glare. "No no no, girl, you have some more questions to answer."

I sigh. One minute left on the clock. Cas will kill me if I'm late.

"How did you sneak out? Your leg was broken," Sam points out. Well shit, I hadn't thought of that.

I smirk confidently, though I'm not confident at all I can trick my younger brother. If I recall correctly, he was in high school with Dean at age twelve.

"Magic, my dear brother."

He gives me a look, and I accidentally meet Dean's eyes. He asks me silently how did I do it. I sigh. I can't lie to my twin. Well, more than I have anyway.

"I stood on my bed, opened the window, put my crutches outside and leaned them against the wall, crawled through, very painfully might I add, and leaned on the crutches before lowering myself down."

That seems to satisfy them. But Uncle Bobby has one more question. One that stumps me.

"Why didn't you write "the clouds are nice out'? You know that's our code word for 'I'm being taken by vamps.'"

I stare at my plate for a few seconds before it pops into my head. "I was sleepy, and they hit me a few times, which put me even more out of it, so I didn't remember. Can I please go now?"