Chapter 41

"What- what happened?" I say, blinking. The setting is unfamiliar.

I whip my hand to my back pocket, where a knife is safely stored. To be more specific, an angel blade. My own angel blade. Cas bought it back to me. I feel a bit uncomfortable carrying it on me, too many memories of my past, but it kills angels and demons, and probably everything else, so I keep it with me at all times.

It's not there.

I don't even have pockets, I'm not wearing my own clothes.

I sit straight up, fists clenched and body stiff.

I look straight at the man in front of me. "Where am I?" I growl at him.

He takes a few steps back,holding up his hands. I can see the fear in his eyes, and I blink for a moment before I realize he's a doctor. I'm in a hospital. I look around the room, seeing Khloe and Evan standing by the door.

"Calm down, calm down princess," the doctor says.

I glare at him again. "I'll have you know, you son of a-"

"Asaya! Calm down, seriously. It's okay-we're at a hospital," Khloe says.

I shake my head. "Why are we at the hospital? I'm fine-"

"You collapsed in the movie theatre!" Evan says.

"I do that sometimes! Look, my vitals are great, I'm in good shape, blood pressure is good, everything is fine. I didn't get much sleep last night, that's why! You have to release me-" I say, protesting being kept in here.

The doctor shakes his head. "Everything is as you say, but I'm afraid we can't release you until tomorrow."

I steady my voice, making it low and dangerous. "Get me an official release or I break my way out. It wouldn't be the first time."

That scares him nice and good. He walks out of the room, and a few minutes later comes back with a few papers.

"Here are your forms-"

"Good," I say, "thanks. Now all of you, get out so I can change. Where are my clothes?"

"Ah, yes, about that-" the doctor says. His voice is squeaky and high-pitched. "You must be interrogated by the police."

An officer comes in, pushes me down on the bed, and holds up my angel blade. "Where did you get this?"

Crap. Holy. Freaking. Crap.

Castiel. I'm sorry. I need your help again. I didn't get enough sleep last night, collapsed in the movie theatre. My friend Khloe and Evan took me to the hospital. They changed me into a hospital gown. I don't know how long I've been here, but... they found my angel blade. They won't give it back, won't release me without questioning me.

There's a knock at the door that makes everyone turn around. Cas walks in.

"Hello. I am Agent Pete Dehurty, FBI. This woman was one of ours, a few years back. The dagger is a special reward for saving the chief three times. Let her keep it," he says.

"Pete?" I say, pretending to sound surprised. "What are you doing here?"

He looks at me, concern in his eyes. "I was in the area, investigating some... important stuff, when I heard a person that fit your description was admitted in here, and I wanted to see if it was you. How are you?"

"Thank you for your concern. How are you, Pete?" I say. I hate having to talk to him like this, like we're old coworkers.

He nods. "I am good, thank you. Now if this is done, I will be on my way. Release her," he says, looking at the officer and the doctor.