Chapter Twenty Six

Sorry, I haven't updated in a while but school just started and I was having trouble with that. Sorry, y'all. I'll hopefully get more updates in soon. Love, Tara

"You talked to them? We aren't supposed to interact with the humans!" My younger sister continues yelling at me until I hold my hand up.

"And you haven't interacted with the Winchesters, sister? If I recall correctly, you talked to one of the boys, not the girl. The boys have a much higher chance of ruining everything then the girl does," I say. I watch her hesitate. I'm not wrong, and she knows it. And anyway, who is she to yell at me?

I walk into my room and turn on the Hunger Games. I may be a fate, one of the oldest beings around, older then death, older then God himself, but I can still like modern television. I've read most of the books in the world, seen most of the movies, listened to most of the music. My favorite genre is young adult fiction, which is very odd as I'm not under any circumstances, a young person. Hell, I'm not even a person.

Maybe it is because the modern novels are so much more everyone inclusive. They're more queer, more disabled, more multi-racial, more mental illness inclusive. There are a lot less straight, white, cis, christian men.

Or maybe I'm just weird.

All the other beings think I'm out of my mind. Not being afraid to interact with the people whose lives I mostly control, dressing the way I do, looking the way I do, talking the way I do, acting the way I do. I don't fit the stereotypes, is what I'm saying. Most celestial beings find being around humans odd, humans themselves odd. Most don't know how to talk or act like humans. I am basically the closest thing a celestial can be to a human. I spend all my time amongst them, pretending like I could be something as simple as a human. I have human friends, a human life. I forced my sisters to move in with me. I'm taking college classes with my friends, and it's nice. Peaceful. I love being human.

I'm eighteen, started college in the fall. My name is Wisconsin, Winny for short. I have two sisters, and our parents were abusive so when I turned eighteen I fought them for custody of my sisters and won, winning my case by showing the judges the bruises my parents left on the three of us. Our last name is Kisamata, and we're from Hawaii. I've always loved photography, so when I won custody of my sisters I used my secret stash of money to move us here, here being Texas, and I used it to rent out a cheap apartment and get myself into college. Abuse pity won me the apartment owner buying us an entire house.

I'm a wonderful liar, don't you think?

I have a small family that's not my sisters, family I made in photography class. Six girls and two boys, all around my age but maybe a year or two's difference, depending on who we're talking about.

The girls are Rylee, Livi, which is short for Olivia but she hates that name, Willa, which sounds weird but really isn't hard to pronounce, just Will with an a, Anne, Sam, who hates being called Samantha or Sammy, and Skye, the youngest of the group. Rylee is a tall girl with a cute bundle of freckles on her nose and shoulder-length brown hair. She looks innocent but isn't. She loves Game of Thrones, despite how dark it is. Livi is a short, pale girl with a mess of curly black hair. She hates bugs touching her but loves photographing them. Willa is the darkest of us all, you know, for a human, only wears black, is pretty short but wears heeled boots to make herself taller. All the boys are scared of her. Anne is a darkly toned girl with straight, black hair, who has insomnia like me and will sometimes stay up talking with me on the phone. Sam is the most innocent and the youngest of us all, only seventeen, and doesn't understand when we make dirty jokes. She's sweet. Skye is the dirtiest. She's my age, eighteen, and will make a dirty joke at anyone's expense, and I hate to say it, but I usually laugh. I can't help myself around them.

The boy's names are Henry and Oliver, though he hates being called that and insists we call him Ollie. Ollie is nineteen and Henry is seventeen, like Sam, but a few months older.

We each have something specific we like to capture with our cameras. I like trees and leaves, Rylee likes sunsets, Livi likes bugs, Willa likes individual people, Anne likes groups of people, Sam likes flowers, Skye likes water, Henry likes rocks, and Ollie likes the night sky. Stars, the moon, all that. Rylee totally has a crush on Ollie.

I have four cameras. One for the entire trees, one for leaves, one for bark, one for certain angles. Non-photographers may find me a bit overenthusiastic, but I find it fun.

My sisters and the other celestials call me mad.

I suppose I am. Pretending I'm not a celestial, neglecting my duties as fate... Well, I'm not exactly neglecting my duties, per say. I make sure the big events in people's lives happen, like I'm supposed to, but I'm not there like I'm supposed to be. And I pay more attention to the Winchesters then I should. I keep at least ten minds on them at all times. Oh, that must sound so weird to you. I'm sorry.

I am the strongest fate. The oldest. I have over eight billion minds. I have one for every person on earth, and I have extra minds for information that might be useful to me. I keep ten minds on the Winchesters. I keep thirty on my photography. I keep five on all the other college stuff, and fifteen on my framily. That's what we call ourselves. It's a contraction of friends and family. Framily. I keep fifteen minds on all of them put together.

If it confuses you, think of it like the internet. I have eight billion tabs open (literally) on my laptop. Each one of them is connected to a person. Some people have more then one tab open on them. Some of my tabs are open on subjects, like photography. Some I like to keep open on myself and my sisters. I like researching the lore on us. I like to see how it changes from religion to religion, culture to culture. We are mostly Greek, except we're not old crones like the myths say we are.

So... yeah. We're the Fates. Umm, sorry, I'm sure you wanted a more interesting chapter, maybe about the Winchesters. Too bad, you're stuck with me. I could, of course, switch my mind over to one of the ones that's focusing on the Winchesters, but nah, I'm too lazy. Sometimes you'll get these chapters, about things unrelated to the story. Deal with it.