Chapter 4

"Hey, Cas! How are you?"

He inclines his head to me before saying "Hello, Asaya. I am good, thank you." But he doesn't drop his gaze.

I turn away so I don't have to look into his angel glare. "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for them to recognize me! I didn't mean to tell them about everything but... I just couldn't help it. They're my brothers, Castiel. I know you understand how it feels to be separated from your family for long periods of time."

Cas sighs and sits next to me on the bed. He droops one of his wings around me too. I know because I can see them. Most people can't, but I can. That's why he will drop his composure for me. And... other reasons.

"Asa, you know I have to do this. I can't disobey my orders, not for anyone, even you-"

"But you'd do it for Dean. Because you like him. I know you, Cas. And I know you can't disobey orders. Can I at least leave them a note?"

The angel visibly slumps, recoiling his wing. "Yes, I suppose you can."

I take a piece of paper off of my notepad and a pen from my bedside table.

Dear boys,

Dean, it was so wonderful to talk with you again. Maybe someday, if I ever get out, we can hunt together. I missed you, brother. I kept tabs on you, all the time, to make sure you were okay. I sort of came to your funeral, when you went to hell for making the deal. I watched from afar, from the forest, where Sam and Uncle Bobby couldn't see me. I was heartbroken. I'm sorry you had to go through that, brother.

Sam, I haven't ever talked with you. I've talked to you, but you weren't old enough to talk when John made me leave you and Dean. You were still a crying, rather moose-looking baby. I'm sorry I never got the chance. I kept tabs on you too. I know everything you did while Dean was in hell. I won't tell him though.

You asked how I knew Castiel. He visits me, every week or so, because I've never had a friend. Bobby is more an uncle to me than a friend, and Dean was my best friend until I had to leave. So Castiel became my friend.

Alas, dear brothers, I have to leave you again. For that I am so terribly sorry, but I wish you the best. Don't look for me. Don't make any deals to get me back. I will be safe.

I love you both,

Asaya.

That was my letter. A tear drips out of my eyes before I can stop it, and I stand with the help of my crutches.

"Do you want me to fix that?" Cas asks, gesturing to my leg. I nod.

I feel the bones healing, and I can stand by myself again. I walk over to Cas and grasp his arm.

"I'm ready."