Chapter Five

We appear in Heaven so suddenly I almost fall over. I notice there are still tears on my face, so I quickly wipe them off.

"Umm, Cas?"

"Yes Asaya?"

"Can you do that angel thing where you zap stuff out of thin air? Maybe get me some clothes that, uh, aren't Pokemon pajamas?"

The corner of my angel friend's lip goes up, and I wonder why he isn't laughing before I remember he isn't supposed to show emotion.

Cas snaps his fingers, and suddenly I'm wearing dark blue pants and a black shirt with an LGBTQ+ rainbow on it.

I ruffle his hair like I would with Sam. I may be shorter than Dean, but I am taller than Cas. "Thanks, Cassie."

He grumbles "I told you not to call me that."

I look around the room we're standing in. Its longer than it is wide, and the walls are dark blue, covered in Van Gogh paintings. My room in Heaven.

I sit down on the bed that lies in the corner of the room.

"Remind me again why I have to be turned just because they saw me?" I say.

Cas sighs like we've been over this a hundred times. Which, of course, we have.

"You were going to be turned eventually. But the Winchester boys were not supposed to see you as a human. Because of this, you will be turned early. You are an angel, wings or not. You are made up mostly of my blood, completely of angel blood. The transformation will just result in your wings growing, and you will have the powers of an angel."

I sigh as well. "I know Cas, sorry."

He disappears in a flash, and I'm alone in the room I'm as familiar with as I am my room at Bobby's. I spend most of my nights here, some days if Bobby's hunting without me.

I pull the stack of canvases and the box of paints and paintbrushes from under my bed. I paint the first thing that comes to mind, which happens to be Castiel in his true form. Yes, I've seen it. Yes, I still have eyes.

The picture I paint looks eerily similar. All things I paint do, like they might come to life any second. I add it to the stack of painted canvases growing next to my bed before lying back down.

I think about my brothers. I can't keep the image of them finding my note out of my head. Dean, I think, will throw and/or break something, while Sam will simply sit down on my bed and think. He didn't know me well, but before I was forced to leave my brothers, Dean and I knew each other better than anyone.

I wait in the room, lying on my back, for what must be an hour before Cas returns.

"It is time," he says grimly.

I nod my head and take his hand. He teleports us to the middle of Heaven, where several other angels and some archangels are waiting.

Zachariah walks towards us. "Asaya. You are joining us early."

"I am sorry, Zachariah, but my brothers met me by accident. And them discovering who I am was an accident too," I say to the archangel.

Cas sighs before joining our conversation. "Asaya, it is time. Prepare yourself. This might hurt a bit."

And than he stabbed me.