Chapter Seven

"SO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT ALL THIS TIME I COULD HAVE RESCUED YOU?" Dean yells.

"Dean, it's not your fault. Sam, it's not yours either. Don't blame yourselves. I had no way to contact you, no way to leave a trail. It would have been impossible for you to find me. Besides, I got rescued. I'm fine now."

Dean looks at me, face normal but eyes full of pain. "But you could've died. And it would have been my fault for leaving you alone in your room."

"I knew I was putting myself in danger by sneaking out. I knew there was a chance something would attack me, but I thought I was ready enough to save myself. It. Wasn't. Your. Fault, Dean," I say back to him, trying to comfort my twin.

Cas shifts uncomfortably in his seat. I know he hates lying, whether it's him doing the lying or someone else.

I'm sorry Cassie, but you know what would happen if we didn't lie.

Yes, I understand. I just hate lying to Dean, and Sam I guess, like that.

What would you do to me if I told Dean and/or Sam that you like Dean?

Kill you.

Do you have an angel blade?

Yes.

Well than, Mr. Scary. Remind me not to cross you, Cassie.

Don't call me that.

You're not the only one here with an angel blade, you know.

They gave you one??!?

Yup. So I suggest not pissing me off if at all possible.

Cas glares at me.

Dean is still talking rapid-fire. I silence him by putting my hand over his mouth. He licks it.

"Eww!!!" I yell, wiping it on his shirt. He just laughs at me.

"It wasn't your fault Dean. Stop protesting," I say, becoming serious again.

Dean looks over at Bobby. "Can I have a beer?"

"Sure boy, go ahead," Uncle Bobby says.

Dean stands up to grab one from the fridge.

"I'm a little tired, actually, can I go lay down?" I ask.

I hear a chorus of 'yes' and walk to my room.

Meet me here, I say to Cas.

A few minutes later he appears in my room.

"You called?"

I smile gratefully at him. "Will you teach me how to take care of my wings?"

He nods. I make a hairbrush, a bowl of water, and some rags appear.

"Where do we start?"