Chapter 8

After about an (Earth) hour, my wings feel new and refreshed. Cas told me before we came back that humans wouldn't be able to see my wings, so I don't have to worry about being asked about that.

"Thanks Cassie," I say. "Now..." I drop a lighter, igniting a circle of holy flames around Cas. "Let's talk about Destiel."

He stares at me blankly. "Destiel?"

"Dean and Castiel silly! It's your ship name!" I say.

"Anyway, since you like him and he likes you-"

"Wait, Dean likes me? Are you sure?" Cas asks, cutting me off.

"Yes I'm sure. So since y'all like each other, and he's too shy to ask you out, you have to ask him out." I pull out my angel blade and start picking the dirt out from under my nails, a silent threat. "Okay?"

"Okay, okay, just let me out of here!" Cas says desperately.

"Fine."

I snap, and the flames disappear. He steps closer to me and punches me lightly in the arm before disappearing.

I go to Dean's room to see him sitting on his bed by himself, head in hands. "Dammit Cas," I whisper under my breath.

I go sit on the bed next to Dean, wrapping both one of my wings and my arm around him, since he can't feel my wings.

"Hey, hey, it's okay," I say to him as I realize he's crying.

I look into his mind and see he's thinking about his time in hell.

"Dean, it's okay, shhh, it's okay. Hey, it'll be fine. It's all okay."

He buries his face in my neck and I hug him and wrap both of us in my wings.

"Asaya... The things I did...I can never forgive myself."

"Dean, it's okay. You held out for thirty years. That's much longer than most people. It's okay."

"How did you know that?" He asks, voice shaky.

"Castiel told me," I lie easily.

"Speaking of Cas, I came in here to give you some good news. He likes you back!"

Dean looks up. "He likes me? Like, like likes me?"

I nod. "And if he wasn't such a scared dick, he'd come tell you himself."

You come here right now, rings out in my head.

"Sorry Dean, I gotta go. But I'll talk to you later. I hope you feel better."

I walk out of his eyesight before zapping myself to my room in Heaven, where an angry Castiel is waiting.

"WHY'D YOU TELL HIM?" Cas shouts.

I sigh. "Because you two need to be together and neither of you were gonna say it. Sorry, Cassie, but I gotta do what I gotta do."

Cas sits down on the bed and puts his face in his hands, the same position Dean was in earlier.

I sit down next to him, wrapping a wing around him.

"Cassie, it's gonna be okay. If he hurts you, I'll kill him. How's that sound?"

Castiel glares at me, but his eyes lack any hate. He eventually nods.

I smile.

"Great, than I'm gonna go back down to Earth. That okay?"

He nods again.

So I zap myself back into my room. When I get back, it's almost midnight. Now I'm an angel, I don't really need sleep, but years of spying on my brothers has told me Dean barely sleeps. So I walk to his room and climb into bed with him, feeling him wrap his muscly arm around me protectively, and we stay that way until I feel him fall asleep, and I let my eyes close too, but I don't sleep. But he sleeps, as far as I can tell, without any nightmares. Good.