Chapter 11

I wake up in Bobby's house again. I groan, my head hurting sharply.

My eyes clear, and I see my brothers in front of me, along with my uncle.

"No," I say. "No, no, no, no, no, I can't be here. Get me out of here. Bobby, they'll come for you. I can't answer any of your questions."

Bobby steps up and grips my arm tightly. "Girl, you tell me what's going on with you right here and now, or you don't want to know what happens next."

I flinch at his touch, and avoid his eyes. "Do you... Do you remember?"

Bobby nods.

Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit.

Castiel, what do I do? The angels will kill me, or them!

They will not come after you right away. They will try once more to erase their memories. You need to hide yourself better. Maybe go international for a while. But no contact with any of them, under any circumstances.

Okay...

I look down, crying into my arm. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I can't tell you, they'll kill you, you have to live."

Dean steps closer to me, bends down so his face is level with mine. "Asaya, it's okay. Just tell us the truth. What happened?"

I look up at him. I study his face, his deep green eyes that perfectly match mine, a tear prickling behind one of them. The creases in his face, frown wrinkles and smile wrinkles, faint scars crisscrossing his face. I try to reach out and touch it before I realize I'm tied up to the chair.

"Oh my darling brother. How good it is to see you. I'm so sorry I had to leave. I'm so sorry I have to leave again. But if I don't, one of us is going to die. I can't let it be you. Not again. I might-"

"No. Don't start that again," my brother says, and I can hear the desperation hidden in his voice. "Don't act like you going away is something sentimental for you, something you regret. If you loved us, YOU'D STOP LEAVING!" He yells the last part at me, and I flinch in my seat.

He raises his hand, and I flinch harder before I realize he's reaching for a beer. It doesn't go unnoticed.

"Are you okay?" he says, voice softer.

I nod my head. He can't know what's going on inside of me. But I can know what is going on inside of him. I read his mind.

Why is she hiding it from me? I know she's an angel. But what happened to her? Why does she keep flinching? Bobby can't have done anything to her, he wouldn't have abused her. I can't imagine Cas would have done anything to her either. But maybe he wasn't the one who turned her into an angel. If she's our sister, she wouldn't be an angel. She would have told me. She never kept secrets from me when we were little, she would have told me if she were an angel. So she was turned. But is that why she flinches at everything? What hurt her? My poor twin, my sister. I need a beer.

Ahh, so he is worried about me. But how did he know about me being an angel? And how did the memory wall the archangels put up break? I'm too confused. I need a drink.

Castiel.

He doesn't answer.

Did you tell Dean?

Nothing.

CASTIEL!

Yes?

Did you tell my brother about what you and your friends did to me? About what I am?

I am sorry. But he tricked me into it.

Oh? My dumbass brother tricked an angel?

He is not a dumbass.

Whatever lover boy. How could you tell him? They'll kill me now, if not them! I'm okay with dying, but my family? Cas-

My superiors will not be killing anyone. Not you, not Sam, not Bobby, not Dean.

Cas, how are you going to stop them without getting yourself killed?

I don't know. But I am willing to sacrifice myself for the Winchesters.

And the Singer. But Castiel, you are not dying. There is no question about that. Anyway, just please get me out of here.

Cas appears behind Dean. My friend makes all three men in the room jump.

"Hello," he says.

Sam gives a friendly wave, and Dean nods.

"Sam, Dean, I have a case for you. In Anaconda, Montana, there's been four disappearances. Hearts missing, throats torn up, eyes burnt out, no internal damage from the neck to the heart, no chest damage. Bobby and I can stay here and continue asking her questions."

I feel a rush of air as he uses influential angel magic on than, making my brothers nod in agreement. They walk out and to the car, and Cas unties me.

"Thanks, Cassie," I say aloud, not caring if Uncle Bobby hears.

Castiel nods, and puts his hand on Bobby's forehead. I can see his eyes clear as another memory wall goes up. I presume one went up in the boy's heads as well.

I go sit in my room. I bury my face in my hands and let tears fall freely. Cas sits next to me, a few inches away but not touching me.

I'm sorry.

I'm fine, I say, not bothering to try and be polite.

Clearly, from your position.

Shut up.

I wish it could be different, I really do.

I know you do, Cassie. I'm sorry for getting mad. I'm sorry for everything.

What-

I pull my angel blade out from under my bed and stab it into my heart.

"No!" Cas yells, trying to pull the blade out, and stop the damage it has already done. I feel him trying to use his powers to save me, to reverse what I did. But I push him away. He zaps Sam and Dean here, and Dean runs to me, not bothering to ask what had happened. I weakly try to push Dean away, but he hugs me tighter. I feel the life soak out of me, and see a bright flash of light as I fade.