Chapter 35

Dean*s POV

He called her Asaya. I'm not saying it, because there has to be more then one person named Asaya on the earth. Plus, she's dead. Dead, and not coming back this time.

But the annoyance on her face is so similar, the way she holds herself even upside-down, the way her right thumbnail is all messed up as if she chews on it.

But her hair is brightly colored. Her eyes and skin color are all wrong. She would never let herself look like this.

"Who are you and what do you want?" she hisses. She doesn't sound like my sister.

I frown at her. "I think you know. I want to know what you're doing in this town, in this monster lair, who you are, everything. Tell me before this all gets much, much worse."

I let my eyes turn black to demonstrate the 'worse'.

She lets out a gasp. "You're a demon! Oh my God!" She starts wriggling around. "Please, take me. Let Evan go. He's just a kid, an innocent kid. He hasn't even killed a demon yet! I'm the one you want, I'm the one who the demons should be furious at. Please, please let Evan go."

I look at the kid. He's standing there, a few feet away from her, holding a knife. As if he thinks it's going to hurt me. I almost laugh at him.

"I'll let him go on one condition; you tell me everything I ask you immediately."

She nods furiously, and I snap at the kid, who appears back in his hotel room.

I grab the girl's hand and teleport us to my hangout area.

I test her with everything I've got. She's human, just a hunter. A damn good one, that's for sure, as she got to the thing before me and Sammy, but just a hunter.

I chain her to a chair. She looks up at me, her eyes broken. They hide secrets. They hide feelings. They show the exhaustion of hiding things. I know the look. It's what's reflected back at me every time I look in the mirror.

"Who are you?" I ask.

She states "Cassidy Meyer."

I slap her. "Tell me the truth."

She doesn't react at all, nothing in her face, nothing in her eyes. "Cassidy Meyer. Who are you, douche head?"

I pull out a knife. She doesn't even tense. She just watches me as I make a small cut on her arm.

"I'm Dean Winchester. I'm the one you should be afraid of."

She just looks at me. I can't read this girl. It frustrates me so much. Usually people's thoughts are written on their faces like words in a book, but this girl is good at hiding everything. People stop fidgeting when they're lying, and she fidgets when she tells me her name. So she's telling the truth about that.

"How old are you?" I ask.

She sighs. "Anyone ever tell you it's rude to ask a woman her age?"

I cut her arm again.

"Okay, chill. I'm thirty seven. Born on January 24, 1979. That good enough for you?" She says, rolling her eyes.

I still for a moment. Asaya is dead. Asaya is dead. There's more then two people born each day. She's not Asaya. But the birthday matches mine perfectly.

"How long ago did you start hunting?"

"Thirty two years ago. My family was killed by a demon, and I had to get it. So I found a hunter. I got him to teach me everything I know. I killed that demon a long time ago."

"Who is the boy?"

"My son. Evan. He hunts with me. My husband was killed years ago by some vampires in the southwest. I wasn't planning on letting him hunt, but he saved me from those vamps. It was just too late for Tex."

We continue like this for a while, me asking her questions and her answering. She answers everything honestly. This girl isn't like any other hunter I've ever known. She answers honestly, doesn't lie once. It's honestly amazing.

I question her until Sam calls me to find out where I am.

He still doesn't know that I'm not fully human. That I have this place, where I bring people and question them until I have the answers I need. I don't know why I bought this girl here, but she seemed suspicious. I didn't get anything good out of her anyway.

"I'll be back," I say. I leave the place.