Chapter Forty Two

I'm sorry, I know this is long, but don't worry. This is the last chapter.

Asa's POV

In the cabin, I sit on my bed talking to Cas.

"What happened? Where are we?" He's sitting on the bed across from me.

He closes his eyes, and I can see him concentrating. "We're at a girl scout camp near Lake Travis, in Texas."

I get up and sit on the bed next to him. "Why are we children? Are we girl scouts?"

He nods, and says something I can't quite make out.

"Well, until we can figure out what's happening, we have to blend in. I'll call you Cassie, and we can say it's short for Cassandra, as you seem to be a girl. And you can call me Ashley. We'll just pretend to be girl scouts from the same troop. I know you've never been to girl scout camp before, but just follow my lead and we'll be fine, Cas." It'll be fine. I'm not sure whether I'm trying to convince him or myself.

He nods, and a girl that looks like she can't be more then eighteen or nineteen walks in. "Hey, no two bodies on one bed."

I stand up and lay down on my own bed. For some reason, both me and Cas have stuff for the week, clothes and stuff for our beds and mess kits and sunscreen and swimsuits, everything.

So what we've done so far is set up our beds, sheets, pillows, blankets, everything. We're in a cabin called Flora, which has two sides to it. We're on 'plants'. The room is small, but large enough to fit four. It has a bunk bed, a single bed across from the bunk bed, and a bed near the window.

I'm on the bottom of the bunk bed, Cas on the bed across from it. So far, we don't have any roomates.

We don't even know what program we're doing. The woman who dropped us off here looks eerily like my mother, and she said we're doing something called LIT. From what it looks like, both of us are about thirteen to fourteen years old.

I stare at the bottom of the bunk bed, which is covered in graffiti. Cas sits on his bed, staring at the wall.

I haven't been to girl scout camp in almost thirty years. But some of the camp songs we learned are still ingrained in my head. I smile at the memories of camp. I made good friends there.

I sit up when three people walk into the room. John, my father, and two girls.

No. The two girls must be Sam and Dean, if their dad is John. Which means... well, this isn't good.

The taller one, who I assume is Dean, climbs up on the top bunk, above me, and starts setting it up with his camp stuff. Her camp stuff, I guess.

Sam starts setting up his- her- stuff on the bed by the window. We're all silent as they set up, and then Sam takes out a book and starts reading when he's done.

"That's Samantha, she's a nerd-" Dean says, indicating Sam- "I'm Deanne."

They came up with aliases quickly. "I'm Ashley, and this is my best friend, Cassandra, Cassie for short. Is this y'all's first year at camp?" I say politely, making small talk.

This is the weirdest thing I've ever had to do.

"Yeah," 'Samantha' says, looking up from 'her' book.

I nod. "Yeah, it's Cassie's first year as well. It's my seventh." That's what I heard Mom say, at least.

"So..." Dean says. "Do you guys want to play a game or something? I bought Uno."

I nod, at the same time Cas says "How do you play?"

I turn to look at him. "Cas... sie, you don't know how to play? I have failed you. Come on, we'll explain it as we go along, and I can always help you."