Chapter Twelve

The angels do not have souls. The Winchester sister does not go to Heaven or Hell. Her consciousness is gone. She can be bought back, and indeed, her brothers are trying hard to get her back, but her closest friend knows what she wants. She wants to stay dead.

Castiel keeps trying to convince the Winchester boys not to do anything about her. Bobby yells at him and tells him he doesn't care.

But that's not true. Castiel cares about the Winchester angel more than anyone. More then Sam, more then Bobby, more then Dean. He had known her, the real her, during all her years at Bobby's.

He knew everything that happened to her on every one of the jobs she worked.

He knew her favorite color, favorite food, favorite animal.

He knew her every secret, about what humans had done to her and about what supernatural things had done to her.

He knew how much she missed her brothers, her mother, how much she resented her father for leaving her with her uncle and forcing her not to contact her brothers.

He knew how scared she was, of dying, of hunting, of the dark, of meeting her brothers, of them dying.

He knew her most beloved item, her necklace from her twin.

He knew that she had fallen in love once, that her love was taken by a human boy her age, who was jealous and murdered her love.

He knew the jealous boy raped her, hoping it would get her to love him.

He knew that many other monsters had hurt her in the same way as the jealous boy.

He knew that she wasn't meant for something big like her brothers.

He knew she was meant for something.

He knew she was meant for something evil.