Chapter 6

I come to back in my room, but something feels...different. My back feels heavier, my arms and legs are sore, but my chest feels lighter. I sit up to the sight of Castiel.

"Oh, good, you're awake. Gabriel didn't think you would make it," the angel greets me. "Look in your mirror."

I do what my friend says, and gasp at the sight. There are jet-black wings on my back. The rest of my body is clean, free of the hunting scars I've earned.

"How long have I been asleep?" I ask Cas.

"A day," he responds.

"How long on Earth?"

"Seven weeks."

I look over at him immediately. "Cas, I have to go back. You know my brothers personally better than me, but do you really think they'll stop looking for me? I mean, after all, I am Dean's twin."

He looks at me remorsefully. "I'm sorry, Asaya. You have to wait until you are stronger. You just got turned, and you are the first. No one knew if it would work, or if it would just kill you."

"Cas, please. Give me an hour and I'll be ready. Please," I beg.

I can read the look on his face, and I know the answer without him saying it.

I run over to him and hug him tightly. "Thank you!!"

"You know," he says, "for a twenty six year old you are quite childish."

I punch him in the shoulder before he disappears.

And than I start to practice.

I start with the disappearing thing they do. I stand on one side of the room and picture the other side in my mind, and I try to get there. Opening my eyes, I'm still in the same place. I try that for what must be an Earth hour before I get rather good. Than I start on the making things appear out of thin air.

I get new clothes first, as the ones I'm wearing are covered in blood and have a hole where Cas stabbed me.

When the Heaven hour is up, Cas reappears. I grab his hand, and we appear in the middle of Bobby's living room.

"Bobby?" I call out nervously.

I hear some shuffling from the other room. I walk in, greeted by the sight of Bobby, sitting in his chair with a glass of beer.

"Oh hey Dianne," he says.

"Bobby?" I say, walking closer to him. I put my hand on his forehead. "He's drunk off his ass."

Cas just nods. I don't remove my hand, instead putting into it a warm feeling, trying to get Bobby back to normal.

He shakes his head and his eyes clear, and he sees me. Being turned into an angel must have thrown me off, because I don't react quick enough to move when he hurls a silver knife at me. It imbeds itself into my stomach, not hurting, just rather uncomfortably.

I pull it out. I pick up the flask of holy water he keeps under his desk and pour it onto my hand. No reaction.

"Asaya? Is it really you?" Bobby asks. I nod.

He comes around the table and hugs me tight, before slapping my arm. "WHERE WERE YOU? YOU WERE GONE FOR EIGHT AND A HALF WEEKS! AND ONLY A NOTE APOLOGIZING TO YOUR BROTHERS! THAT'S ANOTHER THING! THEY WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT YOU-"

"Bobby, Bobby I'm fine. I'm better than fine actually, I'm great," I say, trying to calm the man that was more a father to me than my bio father was.

"Okay, Asaya, you're going to sit down and explain to me just where you've been. We were worried sick! And you-" he points at Cas- "you're going to explain why you were with her when she returned, and if you know anything she doesn't say, say it."

Cas nods awkwardly. Another angel trick I learned is talking in other angel's minds. (Underlined is in their heads.)

Cas, should I tell him the truth?

No, he'll kill me. And he would tell your brothers, and Dean will never speak to me again.

Okay. But what should we tell him?

You were taken by vampires or something. You prayed to me, and I didn't hear you until now. So I rescued you and brought you back here.

Okie dokie.

Uncle Bobby brings us to the main living room, out of his office, and makes us sit down on the couch, while he sits in a chair opposite of us.

"So," he says, "start talking."

The tone implies that if I don't, we'll be in a lot more trouble than it's worth.

"I was in what I think was Maine. I got taken by some vampires that snuck up on me. I was tired and out of it, so they got me pretty easily. They let me write the note first, and told me to say that I would be safe. I prayed to Cas to save me from the vampires, but he didn't hear me for some reason. Until today, when he heard my prayer and burst in, killing all the vamps, and freed me. He bought me back here after healing me, as the vampires did cut me up a little."

Bobby looks at Cas. "She leave anything out?"

"She said she got cut up 'a little', but really it was a lot. They had her for weeks, after all. She said they wanted to know where her brothers were, but that she refused to tell them. She got tortured so badly. There were cuts all over her, and several of her bones were broken-"

"But I'm fine now," I cut in.

Uncle Bobby stares at me. "If you're fine than why didn't you say how bad it was?"

"I... Didn't want to talk about it. It was horrible."

Uncle Bobby looks at me, sympathy in his eyes. "Why don't you go and rest? I'll talk to Cas a bit more."

Sorry if he interrogates you. He's a bit overprotective.

I go to my room and call Dean.

"Hey," I say. "Come to Bobby's."